Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C2-02 camera issues - .nrw files not converting to...

gnomis

C2-02 camera issues - .nrw files not converting to jpeg files

I've found that sometimes after taking a picture, the initial .nrw file doesn't automatically convert into a jpeg. Although the .nrw files can be viewed on the phone, they can't be editied, nor can I find any apps for my computer which will open them. Also, the .nrw files are not recognised by websites I've tried to upload them to (Picasa, Facebook etc).

Has anyone else come across this problem or found a solution?

Registered Member
alison1255

Re: C2-02 camera issues - .nrw files not converting to jpeg files

do a soft reset by typing *#7780#. If asked for password use 12345 unless you changed that to something else. When phone has rebooted, files will be in jeg. You will not lose any files.

I did it and it worked fine.:smileyhappy:

Registered Member
gpkanth

same thing happens in c2-03 also.

I tried with *#7780#  but still photos are saving in .nrw format.

Please help  me how can I change the format nrw to Jpg.

Registered Member
aniciouse

well there is a creepy way to take photos and WAIT THE HELL till the kindness of that cam to make a decision atleast to try save as jpg....

try 3mins ...it worked for me.....o
note ( dont even think about touching the phone while this superprocess is being done) 

or put Mr.nrw  back again on phone and edit then save as another file ....

C'mon nokia,, forget that intermediate Nikon Raw file....its really getting on our nails.....we can afford lag but not these useless rash measures....

Registered Member
lovets

I have Nokia Asha 305

& I tried this:

i copied the .nrw flie in the desktop then added it to the winrar software there i renamed the .nrw to .jpg the i extracted it to my desktop the same place where i had pasted the .nrw file.

Then i copied the .nrw file back into my phone & closed the window & after i opened it again it was in the .jpg format!

Counsellor
babi1987

Does your phone have the latest software version?

Nokia E63-1, RM-437, 510.21.010
Nokia C5-00.2,RM-745,091.002
Giangiacomino

ASHA 306

To convert .nrw file in .jpg we don't need any new PC Software o APP installed.

Camera software save image in raw .nrw format immediatly and make .jpg conversion in background mode and it take a while.

If we turn off the phone before software ending conversion pictures remaning in .nrw.

To force the conversion we HAVE TO COPY .nrw file in another location on the Phone (eg. on the Memory Card's root folder) using "FILE" app installed on our phone.

SELECT .nrw file and COPY in another Folder...

That's All...In few seconds file extension change in .jpg

Registered Member
jimborthwick

[ Edited ]

Fotor says the file is corrupt.  I tried the soft reboot and it failed to change the file.  The option to edit the file is not available on the file and copy also failed.  It seems that the file is 'corrupted' for ever

Mobile Guru
nj15

This online image conversion site converts NRW files to JPEG http://bit.ly/1dyiDQm

Or try to send the .nrw files from your phone to another bluetooth capable phone and see it it does convert it after receiving the file at the other end.

Good luck