Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C2-03 memory problem

Advisor
sourabhgrover

C2-03 memory problem

This is sourabh grover and i purchased nokia c2-03 a day before tomorrow.There is no data  in the phone even in the memory card.Every time i click on ovi store button and music button it gives an error message that memory needed delete some items want to know that there is no installed themes ,games etc in the phone just 10-15 SMS are there then where is my phone's memory  use.Even when i call to customer care they told me to restore the phone then surely your problem will sought out..But it still there..CC also told me that go to nokia care adn FLSH your device once.So tell me after flashing the problem will sought out ... They also said format the memory card for virus.Now the one problem may arise that all data related to app by default given by nokia is all formatted.And now my some app are not working(default) like calculator and all..Please help me sir.I am very disappointed by NOKIA  C2-03..2days before I purchased..

Please use plain text.
Professor

only way to fix it is to restore the firmware. did you visit nokia care about that ? if not you can do it your self as well, just use NSU f.ex.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shyan4luv

i am also facing same problem .... my c2-03 hangs a lot,it doesnt plays youtube, it has memory problem and some time it automatically shows "sim card removed " then" sim card inserted"..//
pls suggest what do i do now... pls pls
Please use plain text.
ajitdubey86

There are too many things which I didn't liked in this mobile but the main thing which is annoying me now a days is "LOW DEVICE MEMORY".

Apps: 5 Mb [Can't move or delete]

Gallery: 2.3 Mb

Messaging: 541 Kb

Free Memory: 186 Kb only

I have tried all possible ways to free up memory but I was only able to delete four wallpapers from phone memory. All my data is obviosly in memory card.

Then I have talked with Customer Care Executive and he told me all the things that I knew already like restoring and all. If the phone memory is very less you must have an option to move default apps from device memory to memory card.

I just wish to slap the developer of this mobile.

• I can't start an app :smileysad:
  • I can't  apply a new theme that I have downloaded from net :smileysad:
  • I can't start my music player :smileysad: , for listening i have to go to gallery and click on a particular track

I just can't do anything man. If Nokia is unable to give solution to this problem, I will never go for Nokia device in future.

Jai Hind
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedbacks on Nokia C2-03 phone.

I have already collected these feedbacks and forwarded to the Nokia C2-03 phone unit for further evaluation and improving the future sw releases.

Very soon there will be available new sw.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/device-software-update

So i suggest to update the phone with this new sw.

Please tell us your new comments.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
coolarpan

Please state the advantage of software upgrade in nokia c2-03 .what are the features added?& what is removed?It will be very helpful for us.

Please use plain text.
mads22

Hie

M also facing d same problms man..i bought dis a week back nd first four days it worked properly nd  frm last 3days it has many errors lyk

#Couldnt  play music ,it always says xtra memory needed delete sum items

#Couldnt  apply downloaded themes..if i try 2apply same error repeats !

I'm fed up wid dis phn re..plz show sum solution man.....

Please use plain text.
mads22

Hie sir,

I tried re-installing d new software but no use still d same error repeats sir..what  should i do now ?

Plz giv me a permanent solution sir...

Please use plain text.
Chunilal

I am also an nokia user and I am totally disappointed with the worst facilities of my Newly bought C2-03.
1) It doesn't support streaming, only you tube videos can be played via Bolt browser( http://www.boltbrowser.com ).

2) It has a superb low phone memory.

3) Maps preloaded but not accessable.

4) A low speed network connectivity. Connect to only 9kb/s when a Samsung SGH M-200 Phone connects to 46 kb/s!

5) Nothing solved and no software updates released in 3 months even when the discussion website is having to carry thousands of complains with its software!
Please report that will it be solved?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fajar_Dz

Hi... I represent all Nokia user from Indonesia, please release Update for Nokia C2-03. There are many people buy Nokia C2-03 and has same problem. Phone memory decreased each day.

I was Flash the phone, but three weks later the problems came again. So, Update please and make shortcut key for Camera. Its so dificult to take photo with touch screen.

Thankz before...
We love Nokia
Please use plain text.
dmszack

Nokia team what the hell is this ??? Why are'nt u upadting the software ??? Can't u make software? We need update at urgent basis .. Kindly treat us as Urgent ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fajar_Dz

There are 2 Update, 6.52 For India Variant and 6.96 For China and India Variant... What the different with 6.51 ( Default C2-03 Firmware )?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gsethis87

Hello Friends i also face same device memory problem but now i happy beacsue i coverd 7.5 mb so my mobile phone show is free memory-7.3 mb.first delete downloadeble theems from ur memory card download only 100 to 300 kb size theems not  500 kb to 1 mb theems and use divice theem pink and black theems change theem again and again like ..pink theem-black theem- .pink theem-black theem- .pink theem-black theem- .pink theem-black theem- and check ur memory u should cover atleast 7.5 mb

Gautam Sethi
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shahan_uae

i guess nokia future is going to be dark......... very cheap technology they have launched
Please use plain text.
phonerepair

please show videos
Please use plain text.
subho1190

C2-03 memory problem (INDIA)

Like all the previous posts im also having the same problem wid dis device.. I would like to list up the problems that i hav been facing... If u pay your kind attention to this post any try to solve dis out in next s/w update then we will be really thankfull to nokia.

1. Most of the memory space apprx 8 mb from the total of 10 mb that is available as stated by nokia is occupied by system reserved files and application. So when these applications are used for one or two times then the free space also gets reduced accordingly nd next it becomes impossible to run these apps again.. As it gives a error message informing that not enough device memory is available.So if a option to move doz files to external storage is added then it will be really great.. 

2. It can also store only a few messages due to the low device memory... So if a option of changing the message storage device from 'Device memory' to 'External memory' is added den it would be really great coz all the time its not possible to synchronize the sms with pc due to lack of time So we loose many importent doccuments and conversations. So i reqest nokia technical dept to plzz add this option.

3. There is no onsceen keyboard for writting text messages.. So all the time we need to open the slider and then type it through the keypad.. The device being a touchsceen mobile should incorporate a onscreen keypad atleast.

No updates are available yet from nokia about the C2-03 .. So we are egarly waitng for an update... 
A reply to this post is expected from the administrator of this site.. Thanx to NOKIA in advance.. 

from-(Subhabrata Chakraborty)

Please use plain text.
Sachinpanicker

Re: C2-03 memory problem (INDIA)

Hey u guys should try a software update.I agree dis phone is not near to my expectations.There was a problem of reducing memory with continuous applying of themes,problem with mail and maps..I went to nokia care and had a software update.After that Internal free memory showed 10MB(i dnt knw hw),and other applications wrking fine now.Nw when u have ur email account setup,memory may get reduced by abt 300 kb.thats it.Nw the worst thing is abt the video streaming not available..

Please use plain text.
achuuuuu

dear nokia people, you are blaming customers. more complaints coming about C2-03 memory problem daily. but you replying silly maters like restart, delete items etc. you are saying 10MB phone memory, 7MB covers inbuilt apps. where gone 3MB? only 200-300KB left free. do you have any permanent solution?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ansh4598

This is very annoying issue if happens with any of the phones. You can also find some solution over here.

Please use plain text.
kazirizwan

Even I am facing the same problem. Its just 15 days that I have purchased the phone. If the Nokia people are looking at this please do some,  they are loosing there goodwill in the market.

Please use plain text.