Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C2-03 software issues that should be resolved

Miki07

C2-03 software issues that should be resolved

I have updayed my phone's software to v06..96

Main Issues:-

1. No mark option for selecting multiple messages.

2. No mark option for selecting multiple files in gallery.It was available in the previous s/w version

3. No option to prevent key locking during calls.no setting available for keylock time delay.

4. No setting to disable gprs.only way is to delete the access point.but we dont want to delete it.we just want use internet when we required so that there is no accidental internet use.

5. No manual access point creation or modification

6. when multiple messeges are sent together,only 1 message is sent and others show failed to send.

7. No option to move or copy messages to memory card.

8. The screen flashes from time to time.

9. when a video is deleted,it is still shown in the media library only greyed out.udating the library also doesn't help.

10. No 2nd sim call alert when yhe other sim is in use

11. Altough the phone claims to support .mp4 h.263 & h.264 videos,they are not supported by the media player.

12. Ovi suit sometime detects map and sometimes dont.so its difficult to update maps

13. Very difficult to use the nokia browser & configuring email

14. No option to select the memory to display contacts.

15. To create a playlist all the music files have to be played

16. Youtube videos are not played

17. Onscreen keypad is not available during messaging.

I hope the next s/w update will solve all these issues & not like useless 6.96 version update.Pls tis phone will be great if above mentioned issues are resolved.There is demand for this phone but people are avoiding it because of its numerous isuues. Please atleast reply me to assure that these problems will be resolved.Otherwise have to neglect nokia fom my future phone buys.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: C2-03 software issues that should be resolved

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your comments on the Nokia C2-03 phone.

I will pass to the Nokia C2-03 R&D unit for improving the sw issues.

R&D is already working on some issues and i hope soon releasing the new sw.

Lets hope the best.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Miki07

Thanks Mahayy for quick reply. My previous s/w version had mark option,but after updating its not there.Anyway i can revert it back to the previous s/w version?Pls do reply..

Please use plain text.

Hi,

I am afraid  you can not downgrade your sw to the previous version.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Vigneshwarrao

I have changed my memory card and also copied all the files available in default memorycard., But my converter,worldclock are not working. Ok i will compromise with softwares but please tell me a way how to get maps.

I downloaded India maps through ovi suite.

But if i try to operate maps it is showing that "Address is not available."

And if i try to open the files it is showing that "does not support the format."

This is one issue.

Also please tell me how to play songs continously as when i am playing from a folder i need to go back and select each song to play.

Kindly please solve my problems that is atleast tell me what to do so i will try.

Please use plain text.

HI,

Can you able to see maps page and here Search.

search any address in here and go > after that  from the option choose search online.

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
Miki07

Hello Mahayy,

Thanks once again for quick reply.Its unpleasant to hear that i can't downgrade my s/w version.I hope than a new s/w update will soon be relased with all the issues above mention resolved.

Recently noticed 2 more issues:-

1. Preloaded Games & folders can't be deleted.Its necessary to free some memory.

2. Although the voice clarity of call is great but the person on the other side has problem hearing.Its with all the callers.

Waiting for your reply.

Please use plain text.

Hi,

Preinstalled applications or folders can not be deleted.

Please wait for the next new sw releasing and update your phone.

If you want that  your phone to be checked for the voice issues, you can visit to the Nokia Care Point in your area.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwiseenuf

HERE ARE THE 5 UPDATES WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FOR NOKIA C2-03 FIRMWARE UPGRADE:

1 - OPTION TO DISABLE AUTO LOCK FEATURE.

2 - OPTION TO ORGANIZE ORDER OF ICONS ON GRID MENU SO WE CAN HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO MUSIC AND PHOTOS WHICH WE USE MOST OF THE TIME.

3 - CONVERT OVI STORE AND COMMUNITIES APPLICATIONS INTO BOOKMARKS IN ORDER TO SAVE MUCH NEEDED DEVICE MEMORY OR THE OPTION TO UNINSTALL OR MOVE THEM TO MEMORY CARD.

4 - OPTION FOR GRID MENU VIEW ON GALLERY INSTEAD OF JUST LIST. SCROLLING ITEMS ON LIST VIEW CONSUMES MUCH TIME TO ACCESS FILES SPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A LOT OT OF FILES SUCH AS PHOTOS AND SONGS.

5 - OPTIONS TO UNINSTALL ALL APPLICATIONS, GAMES AND GALLERY FILES SAVED ON DEVICE MEMORY OR MOVE THEM ALL TO MEMORY CARD.

PLEASE DON'T IGNORE OUR SUGGESTIONS.
GIVE US AN ASSURANCE THAT WE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE EVERYTIME WE BUY NOKIA BY RESOLVING THE ISSUES OF NOKIA C2-03.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
badrirajroyal

Hellow sir,

i am from india ,hyderabad first time i am facing lot of issues from this c2 03....the major problems should nokia resolve are below.. ?
1.battery life is tooo bad.
2. there is no on screen key board like nokia 5233 or other nokia s60 v5 devices.
3. screen flashing like dim and dip i cant understanding it is hardware problem either software.
4.camera doesnt working properly.

and finally i am worrieng about NOKIA RESPONSE for this big customers problem.if company neglates about this problems. all users goes search for another company like SAMSUNG,LG,SONY ERICSON.

WHY NOIKA MAKING TOO DELAY ABOUT THIS ? I WANT QUICK SOLUTION FOR THIS ABOVE PROBLEMS OF C2 03 ? PLEASE GIVE THE VALUABLE RESPONSE TO US WE ARE RESPECTING OUR NOKIA SO PLEASE MAHAYV MAKE IT SOON..THIS IS MY REQUEST.

urs raj
Please use plain text.
Advisor
badrirajroyal

Hellow sir,

i am from india ,hyderabad first time i am facing lot of issues from this c2 03....the major problems should nokia resolve are below.. ?
1.battery life is tooo bad.
2. there is no on screen key board like nokia 5233 or other nokia s60 v5 devices.
3. screen flashing like dim and dip i cant understanding it is hardware problem either software.
4.camera doesnt working properly.

and finally i am worrieng about NOKIA RESPONSE for this big customers problem.if company neglates about this problems. all users goes search for another company like SAMSUNG,LG,SONY ERICSON.

WHY NOIKA MAKING TOO DELAY ABOUT THIS ? I WANT QUICK SOLUTION FOR THIS ABOVE PROBLEMS OF C2 03 ? PLEASE GIVE THE VALUABLE RESPONSE TO US WE ARE RESPECTING OUR NOKIA SO PLEASE MAHAYV MAKE IT SOON..THIS IS MY REQUEST.

urs raj

Please use plain text.
Vigneshwarrao

Hi mahayv,
Even if i type any address and click go no map is showing. Also if you people have fixed everything like software or any other programs in memory card that too of 2GB then why you people are fooling that they can upgrade it to 32GB where by putting that card will not allow to function these precompany installed programs.
PLEASE CAN YOU ASK NOKIA PEOPLE TO PREPARE PHONES IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT SHOULD NOT CREATE PROBLEM TO CUSTOMERS.
Day by day you need to decrease the problems but you people are increasing these problems in phones.
I am also using Nokia 2610 which is a wonderful piece., but the upgrade piece like new piece C2-03 with so many problems.
Please solve these problems as soon as possible.
I THINK THAT THE PEOPLE SHOULD STOP BUYING NOKIA CELL PHONES..............
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fajar_Dz

Please add equalizer for Media Player...
Please use plain text.
smartguy4u555

pls add a onscreen keypad for typing msgs!!!its a lot of prob as d topmost buttons r located in such a place!!!thanx...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kiranrs143

Hi sir,
Our majour issue about the memory. Fist Give importance to that.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ChAzEr

C2-03 NEW UPDATE ON 23-02-12

sir as i saw this i updated my phone to the latest version on 02-04-2012 but i faced the following problems

1."there is no backlight time out option"

2."there is no mark option in message inbox to delete the selected messages".

3."no streaming settings".

4."Memory Low"

5.some times touch does not responds and works when the phone is restarted.

6.my nokia webbrowser corrupted after the update(i.e., from v07.29 to v07.48)

7.bluetooth not working for the second use (and works if i restart the mobile)

sir,

the bolded one(first four) are the default problems of nokia(c2-03) and the other are the new problems which i am facing after updating the latest firmware.i went to nokia care to flash my mobile on 13-04-2012 in guntur(a.p.,) but they told me that there is no update available with version 07.48 and they cannot flash the mobile because it has the latest version.

the other second class mobiles also have the mark option in messages and streaming options so pls release a new update version as soon as possible.

NOTE: i just sending this feedback because i am the fan of nokia since last 10 years all my friends uses othe mobiles such as sXXXXXg and i just dominated them with my last nokia mobiles so please release the new update for which the all customers of c2-03 can feel proud that they are using nokia C2-03

THANKING YOU,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Harish120

@chazer
chazer , i am also from andhra pradesh ,i am also facing same problems after updating to v7.48 from 7.29 ,esspecially bluetooth problem,phone lagging problem ,after reinstalling software via ovi suite is your problems solved or not...please reply me because i also want to try that reinstall method depending on your feedback thanks in advance...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have updated my phone's software to v06..96 i am getting problems
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ChAzEr

sir as i saw this i updated my phone to the latest version on 02-04-2012 but i faced the following problems

1."there is no backlight time out option"

2."there is no mark option in message inbox to delete the selected messages".

3."no streaming settings".

4."Memory Low"

5.some times touch does not responds and works when the phone is restarted.

6.my nokia webbrowser corrupted after the update(i.e., from v07.29 to v07.48)

7.bluetooth not working for the second use (and works if i restart the mobile)

sir,

the bolded one(first four) are the default problems of nokia(c2-03) and the other are the new problems which i am facing after updating the latest firmware.i went to nokia care to flash my mobile on 13-04-2012 in guntur(a.p.,) but they told me that there is no update available with version 07.48 and they cannot flash the mobile because it has the latest version.

the other second class mobiles also have the mark option in messages and streaming options so pls release a new update version as soon as possible.

NOTE: i just sending this feedback because i am the fan of nokia since last 10 years all my friends uses othe mobiles such as sXXXXXg and i just dominated them with my last nokia mobiles so please release the new update for which the all customers of c2-03 can feel proud that they are using nokia C2-03

THANKING YOU,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kheinmark

Problems i am facing as i upgraded my sw to v07.48

1. Can't use ovi browser/market it always exiting as i tried load it.
2. my phone keeps restarting by itself (hang)
3. As i tried to hard reset the phone won't able to restart by itself you need to remove the battery and put it back in order to restart and it keeps on saying "failed to restore"
4. It has new installed games like asphalt 4 elite and footbool but it were all corrupted and won't able to delete it.
5. Two of my preinstalled apps were corrupted and still i can't delete it.

Although my phones memory went up and it has already it's personal configuration but still it's laggy. I hope i could downgrade to v07.28

and there are so many issues that i like to mention but mostly were listed above by others.

I am nokia user since 2006 cause i trusted only 1 brand and its NOKIA. But sadly By this time I observed nokia is irresponsible. I'm not expecting for BEST nor BETTER but atleast they can provide GOOD performance. If nokia can't make it for the next software update and i think it's time for me and my family to choose another brand which is more reliable.
Please use plain text.