Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-00 Email Server Problems

Advisor
Lilys_Dad

C3-00 Email Server Problems

For the 6 months or so I've had the phone I've been able to access my ISP's email server no problem. Just entered my username and password and everything worked well.  My ISP is now offered an updated webmail which included config settings for MS Exchange server to allow smart devices to sync. This has to be enabled in the webmail settings , I haven't done that yet...I'm still using the 'old ' pop3 settings.

i can sign in and retrieve mail using the current settings but I can't reply or send mail. The message fails. I would like to know if it's possible to access the settings for the current config ( outgoing server  / port settings etc ) so I can try to reconfigure those if necessary  OR  Does my C3 running V 08.63 support MS Exchange and if so , where can I access the settings ?  Any suggestions appreciated ( although upgrading to a new phone seems to be the obvious answer..)  TIA

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: C3-00 Email Server Problems

Hi Lilys_Dad,

Unfortunately Nokia C3 does not support Mail for Exchange, so you cannot connect to the Exchange server on this phone.

To see the list of devices supporting MS Exchange, just follow the link below: 

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-for-business/email-and-messaging

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lilys_Dad

Re: C3-00 Email Server Problems

Thankyou for your reply. It seems I'm not the only one having email issues. As far as Exchange is concerned , as  I said , I did not activate it .I want to be able to connect as I did a week ago. Obviously , there is no way to configure the server settings ( I can't find it ) to resume POP3  retrieval.

That doesn't explain I can't sign into Gmail though....someone needs to address these issues . The phone I buy to replace this will definately NOT be Nokia

Please use plain text.