Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-00 WiFi and Default Browser

Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

C3-00 WiFi and Default Browser

Hi,
I brought the new C3- 00 yesterday.
The phone is very good but there was a problem with wifi connectivity with default browser.

So this is what i did:
In Wlan-internet connection
choose "ask first".
By doing this every application which needs internet connection except default browser asks for type of connection like the following:
1.search wlan
2.G TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET (or any access point name)
3.Do not ask (if available connects to wlan and if not to gprs or edge)

So it will be very good to choose the connection type.
But the default browser won't ask for connection typeIt connects to packet data connections like gprs or edge directly!!?

So i tried to change the settings in default browser configuration.
But there are no options to set. It only shows default and unnamed and other gprs settings to choose but no wifi!

After all these attempts i've added personal configuration settings in configuration as i knew the access point name of my network provider.
To set personal configuration goto personal settings in configuration, add one for web and one more for access point and activate both.

Now set configuration setting in default browser to personal config. And try to open any page.

As we have set "ask first" setting in wlan the default browser NOW also asks for type of connection to choose!!!
WOW!

I hope that nokia will provide an option for choosing wifi in default browser configuration in software update.

I Hope this helps many with wifi problem of awesome C3-00:-)

Thank You.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: C3-00 WiFi and Default Browser

First you've to add your WLAN network and define the settings. Now, if you open the browser in always ask mode, your new defined WLAN should be there.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/c3-00/user-guide/guide-mch

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohan22793

Re: C3-00 WiFi and Default Browser

Thanks for the information sir i tried and it works thanks sir
Please use plain text.