Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C3-00 WiFi connected but not working

Registered Member
talalahmad

C3-00 WiFi connected but not working

Hi All,

I recently got C3-00. The reason for buying this was the WiFi. I tried to detect the WiFi that i have at home and I was successful in doing that. When i go to the browser to load a page it shows "Loading" for sometime and then it says "Cannot connect".

Can anyone please guide me step by step as to how i should i configure my phone to get the WiFi running. On my previous phone i had requested a GPRS acvtivation through my service provider as well.

Would appreciate if someone can help

Thanks,

Talal Ahmad

Registered Member
maximus_abhi

Re: C3-00 WiFi connected but not working

not working with me as well... pls help...

Counsellor
aehdee

Mine works swiftly, Try connecting to other wifi network just to test if your wifi/internet connection is working.

koolraj86

same is the problem with me

Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi Talalahmad,

Please check your device sw  latest version from this Nokia sw update page and update.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

The latest sw is 4.60 depending on the sales area and variant.

There is also two FAQ on the nokia.com and i hope it helps:

How do I manage WLAN internet access points on my Nokia C3-00 device?

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?page=4&fullcontent=true&cat=support&cnt=1&qt=C3+wi-fi

How can i use always WLAN connection on my Nokia C3-00 phone for Internet instead of GPRS?

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?page=3&cat=support&qt=C3+wi-fi&cnt=1&fullcontent=true

I hope it helps.

Br

Mahayv

Professor

Some have foudn the solutions to theri WiFi problems from here /t5/Cseries/nokia-c3-wlan/td-p/711188 hopefully it helps if not then i would recommend to use the "contact us" button so that you can reach Nokia people directly, after all this is just an end user forum

Contributor

I bought my C3-00 on 2nd October, I have the same problem with WiFi connectivity.

Before reading through this article, I tought it was my own problem, as our office network Wifi required the setting of "Proxy Server", as well as "Static IP Address". This is expecially true, with my friend using his both iPhone3GS and iPhone4. So, initially I cannot find the information on C3-00 for proxy server setting (but after some explore into detailed I finally found it), but then still not able to locate the "Static IP" setting, so I gave-out. But, not it seems like even on normal WIFi AP facing problem.. this brough me back into "active" mode again.

So, after reading the arcticle of Nokia firmware upgrade (from one of the other message thread, but I lost that message thread), it mentioned about later version 4.6 of firmware then the phone v4.45. However, when I tried to search for phone upgrade in Ovi Suite, it stated "no update" is required.

May I confirm, this is Ovi Suite reported wrongly? Or, Ovi Suite not able to locate this v4.6? or, there isn't a v4.6 actually? Why I am seeking to get update via Ovi Suite is, my phone cannot get update from WiFi (as mentioned above), and neither via telco account (as someone else also facing in above).

So, does anyone have any idea how could I proceed from here? Or, does anyone know NOkia provide this 'offline' download / upgrade via standalone software? not via Ovi, nor direct from phone.

Kindly advise.

Thanks to everyone in advanced.

Ice

m23157

I have upgraded to software version 4.60 but have the same problem: it connects to my wireless router OK but gives "Service not available" when I try to access the Web.

As an experiment this afternoon I took it into the neighbouring streets looking for unsecured routers and found that it *did* access the Web OK through some of them.  So there's something about the combination of this phone and my router that's the problem.

I've asked my ISP if they are aware of this problem and am awaiting a reply.  (The router is a Thomson SpeedTouch 585.)

Mike

josielou81

hi all, i too have just bought this phone a few days ago and cannot connect to the internet through wylan/wi-fi connections.

I pick the wylan address i want to connect to , it says I am connected but then when i go to section to add web address (i.e google) it just says loading ...and dosnt !! i have also left the ask first to do not ask?any tips on how to sort ?? as been back to shop and they usless !!I have read on a few other discussions that there may be a problem with this on these phones - has anyone else heard this ??

Registered Member
kam19

hey..  is this wifi is just for name..............   it never works

someone plss help........

Registered Member
rempire

I have same problem but I have found a simple solution to it. It is something with your networks service which is tied up to the web application installed. t get round to it you need a third party application that forces the phone to select any internet access available, including wifi. visit this blog on how to do it

http://prakticality.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-access-internet-through-wifi-on.html
Registered Member
rempire

The builtin browser somewhat works only with the network mobile operator data content as there is no wifi option in it's menu. To get round it is to get another browser to use when connected into wifi. I had that problem and a solution on how to do it is on this site  http://prakticality.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-access-internet-through-wifi-on.html

Advisor
sergiojf2903

i finnally found the solution forthe wlan issues, i just changed the WEP encryptation to WPA2-PSK in my modem settings and until now i have not had problems.

It seems that wlan in c3 isn't compatible with WEP encryptation 

Himanshu18

I am staying in a hostel ..there is a wifi facility in our hostel bt it requires ip address ..there is no option in nokia c3..anyone plz recommend me the solution..i will be very thankful
Himanshu18

[ Edited ]

If anyone find the solution of my above problem plz contact me at ******* or email me at *************** 

MODERATOR'S NOTE:  We would like to inform you that we have removed your personal details from your post as it is unwise to publish it publicly on this forum.-VIANG

Registered Member
GerritWW

Hallo, I found out that the standard Nokia-browser will not use Wifi. I downloaded Opera web mini and that works. It neatly asks me wheather I want to use GPRS or Wlan.

So, Nokia, work to do.

Advisor

Wifi not working at all. even the WPA2-PSK security setting has been changed in the wireless settings of the router.

LINK NOT AVAILABLE-

TRY AGAIN LATER is the error.

this problem occurs with ZTE and certain NETGEAR routers- in this  case netgear dgn1000

Advisor

mine doesnt even work with OPERA MINI. it gives the error: UNABLE TO CONNECT. PLease review your network settings.

Counsellor
Yazoo

The same here, i tried Opera Mini, Bolt and the Ovi browser:

All they give this:

Can't connect..

Registered Member
muhamed1987

service not available when opening the default browsing software coming with my nokia C3-00, when trying to open from opera also get can't connect.

Now I updated my software for the mobile but no news, what's up guys???

Anyone can support on this??

I'm now trying to download the ovi browser to try it.

But if any one knows about the problem kindly reply to us

Regards