Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C3-00 "Verification of server certificate failed. ...

dhfs

C3-00 "Verification of server certificate failed. Please check the date ..". PLEASE HELP

Hi,

I bought the C3-00 a month ago and after several problems like phone attaching to the gprs on its own and firing all my credit, getting stuck for no reason when opening gmail with the gmail application, today I had to remove the battery for the first time trying to find out the security code - which no one set and which is supposedly "12345" by default (only not because it DOESN'T work) -  because I wanted to reset it to the factory setting, the phone which two seconds prior that action - removing the battery - was connecting with no problems with my pc wifi now when opening the browser Opera is giving me the title error:

Failed to connect to the internet.

"Verification of server certificate failed. Please check the date setting in  your device"

**bleep**?! I always thought about Nokia as a reliable brand, this phone is a MESS, bugs everywhere, and now this?! 

So

A) I can't factory-rest the damn thing because I don't know the security code, security code which I never set. The supposedly factory code 12345 doesn't work.

B) After removing the battery the wifi is USELESS and the phone doesn't connect to the internet anymore. It goes to the nokia.ovi and the accuweather links and such, but the default browser (so ACTUALLY using internet)?? NO WAY.. 

Needless to say that the date in my phone is set properly.

How the heck do I fix this?!? I need both to be able to reset the phone AND to fix the "certificate" bs error.. 

PLEASE help, don't make me toss the phone in the bin after not even a month...

dhfs

Re: C3-00 "Verification of server certificate failed. Please check the date ..". PLEASE H

Jesus.. now it even fails to connect to WLAN, for NO reason, I changed *nothing* please someone tell me how to reset to factory setting this thing..

Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: C3-00 "Verification of server certificate failed. Please check the date ..". PLEASE H

Hi dhfs,

Sorry to hear your phone issues about C3-00.

It is obvious that your phone need to be updated with the last available sw.

Unfortunately if the default security code does not work, you need to visit to the Nokia Care Point.

Your phone is under warranty.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page or top of this page "contact us".

Br

Mahayv

Contributor
Lynettestar100

[ Edited ]

I don't know if you had the problem fixed yet (looking at the date of this post), but here is some advice for you: If you want to restore the factory settings, the code you need to use is *#7780#. If you want to reformat the phone (wich will delete all your data, so back it up beforehand on a memory card or your PC), the code to use is *#7370#. The security code, just so by the way, is 1234, not 12345! :smileywink:
I can also give you the correct settings for your phone to always use WLAN if you wish...just email me , and I will get back to you! :smileyvery-happy: I am no expert, but I enjoy fooling around & trying out new apps/software. When I got my C3-00, I spent ZAR450 over 2 weeks...trailing the net & blogs ect, till I finally got everything perfectly right! I updated to the new firmware v8.63 today via Ovi Suit, and everything is working fantastic! The best part is that it asks me if I want to use WLAN or packet data, every single time I open a new app/browser session! :smileyhappy:
Good luck, I hope my answer has been helpfull?! :smileyhappy:

MODERATOR'S NOTE: E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Registered Member
kalana

You can find solutions for "Failed to connect to the internet" problem in the following url. But I don't know about other problems.
http://www.theeasytech.info/2011/09/verification-of-server-certificate.html
Registered Member
inderpal2020

look man the solution is really simple just go to your date and time setting and enable auto time and date update ON
i hope it works for you as it worked for me tooo!!
aleisha11

what should i do, if i reset my nokia c3 and, i enter internet it does'nt work, it just reply ''unable to connect to server'' ?