Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 Battery Cover

Tim_M_L

C3-01 Battery Cover

Hi All,

I took delivery today and I can't open the battery cover.  Am I missing something?  I thought it would just slide off but maybe I should be pressing something?  I can't move it at all.

Any help much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Tim

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
missmouse

Re: C3-01 Battery Cover

[ Edited ]

just press it inwards at same time as sliding it back, it IS quite stiff! have fun learning about this phone, it should only take you about a year!

Please use plain text.
Tim_M_L

No joy...do you mean press the edges in or press the back down? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Just look up the guide. There's shown how to remove it. The cover in this phone moves up. Its quite stiff in the begining but then u'll b able to open it smoothly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MildlyIrritated

To open the phone for the first time

You will have to Rapidly slide it...

Push down firmly with your palm on the back

Your fngers should be perpendicular to the Nokia text (90 degree angle)

Move your palm in the direction towards the Camera Hole rapidly.

You will hear a creaking sound

After a while (20 - 30 secs of rapid sliding action)

it will slide out a little bit (1 to 2 mm) past the end of the phone

Then "simply" pick at that with your fingernails until you can firmly pull it out.

Not even the cute meerkats could cheer me up during the period of time I thought I couldn't open it. But then it opened and I grinned. The end.

Please use plain text.
Professor

^ MildlyIrritated explained quite well.

It does take quite a bit of grunt to get it off, but once you do it a couple of times it gets easy.

Please use plain text.
marmike

I am surprised at everyones saying push hard and slide at the same time etc.  The plastic is extremely smooth and impossible to get a good grip.  Find some sticky sellotape or parcel tape and stick it on the back leaving a tag to pull sideways whilst pressing gently at the opening point. It will move easily.  The adhesive tape gives traction to the slippery surface. Why havnt any of you brains out there said this!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nokasaurus

It is not plastic fyi, it is metal which is what gives this phone such a nice "feel" in the hand.

Please use plain text.
william222

the users guide says slide & open the back. simple instructions but the brainless nokia manufacturers dont say what to do when it doesnt move. what to
Please use plain text.
william222

why do nokia sell new phones which have back covers that stick and are very difficult to open. brainless manufacturing.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nokasaurus

You want the stupid thing coming open on its own.  Geesh, how many times are you going to be opening it anyway.  This just goes to prove you can not please all the people all the time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
buffyzone

Yes I had the same trouble, the quickest and simplest way is to put washing up gloves or similar on then it just clicks open and lifts off, just put both thumbs on the back about the middle press down and push up. Easy peasy.  x

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ukulele4

use a rubber glove, off it comes.

My mum thought of this, she's well clever

Please use plain text.