Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C3-01 Problems and Limitations

dijh1520

I have had this phone since Jan 2011. It was OK until the battery deteriorated and suddenly needed charging twice daily. I'm not a heavy mobile user. A coulpe of texts and calls per day. I returned it via the retailer and it was returned with a different fault. It's not now possible to use the phone once the lock key has been activated. When pressed again a grey patterned screen appears with a flashing green arrow that says 'unlock'. Unfortunately it doesn't.  It's not possible to use the phone at all once this has kicked in. None of the keys or the touchscreen responds.The only thing to do is take the battery out as it can't even be switched off. I've sent it back twice but it's been returned with the message 'it is working perfectly'. Well that's not the case. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Please use plain text.
dijh1520

please ignore this post. My daughter has sorted it out.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rasurose

i also bought C3-01 and its touch was gone on the same day and now my C5-03 is also creating problem.Whole C-series is like cheap chinese phones.I am fed up with nokia.
Please use plain text.
Drindrin58

Hi, I am totally disappointed with the quality of Nokia C3-01. I was Nokia only user since the very beginning. My last phone was 6300. This C3-01 is like cheap Asian copycats. The software is unusable and the manual is clueless, using this phone is totally unintuitive. RTFM is needed. At least 3 times I had to Google certain features on the net, because I did not find in the manual!

I was avoiding smart phones, to be on the safe side with phoning feature of Nokia phones… Nokia lost the focus, to many phones – below average - quality of user experience.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rasurose

my C3-01 touch gone on the same day of buying.
All C-series phones are same. C-series means problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bablualways4u

I just bought the Nokia c3-01 Touch and Type , 8 months back., I am facing problems like camera-on standby problem, touch is not working properly. I put my mobile to Nokia care centre, but even they also cant able to identify and rectify that problem. Without proper testing, why Nokia introduced this model? I want a solution to my problem or replacement of model.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
missmouse

well Ive had my C3-01 for nearly a year now & Im generally happy with it. I wasnt expecting it to perform like a smartphone & the reason i chose it is because mainly of its size - I cant be doing with these great big phones that seem to be coming back in again! My only real annoyance with it & its probably the same for most other phones now too, is the complete lack of a comprehensive instruction book - either in paper or available to download. Its like Nokia dont want their customers to be able to make use of all the phones functions!

W,T,F is that all about?

I know you can get help here & other forums but a complex device like a modern mobile phone should really come with a FULL instruction book!

Id even be happy to pay another £10 or so if it was available to the public? -- any thoughts Nokia? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/c3-01/user-guide

Have u checked this one? There was another one available on Nokia India Site but now its not.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-6300/guides

its for 6300 but it may help u with most of the menu functions, if its the same as old one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
sintos

unlock problem

you go menu-settings-phone-phone updates-downl.ph.sw,  then restart (overheatings and unlock problem solved), then your mobile lock, you touch the left to right or arrow direction

internet  problem(use sim)

hi i use c3-01 mobile and i can watch youtube video in my mobile.bsnllive,vodafonelive,idealive these access point name not view the youtube video in c3-01.so apn change bsnl-bsnlnet,idea-internet etc.
menu-setting-configuration-:in this section your connection bsnl,

default configuration :BSNL

preferred access pt :BSNL NET

personal settings :smileysad:option you add)My streaming(important)

My web

Multimedia msg

Access point
defult in all application: yes

menu- web setting-configuration settings,

configuration :BSNL or Default

Account : bsnllive

so your internet problem solved this method,then you go

Menu-Internet-Bookmarks- youtube(you can watch youtube video this time)

your phone internet problem solved.please vote me micromax logo contest and tell them in your friend

Link:http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/ae656629d6fc0aa8c806160b5ec130fb/345

last date:23-2-2012(feb)

My name:sinto sebastian

Email:www.sintothelegend@Gmail.com
by
sinto sebastian

Please use plain text.
dnandros

I have the same problem here .. 2nd time now that my c3-01 touchscreen failure . i wait 1 month each time to fix .. This is a big problem and Nokia doesnt do anything about its own mistake . I gave 189 euros for this phone , i bought it in Greece and i want to get rip off it and buy one other . This time i wont go for a Nokia model , i had enough .. Shame on YOU NOKIA !!

Please use plain text.
topaz0

Can you please tell me how your daughter sorted it.  I have just got this phone and it has locked itself and can only get in if I take out the battery.  I have read the handbook and still can't get the phone to unlock.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paldip

The touch pad problem is almost common in c3-01 model. I bought it 1 yr ago and  had to give it to nokia care 3 times , they change my touch pad two times and dont know what I hv to face with it later....... no other problm yet...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pepidoodles8

Hi,

I have encountered the same problem as yourself. I returned it via the retailer and it was returned with a different fault. It's not now possible to use the phone once the lock key has been activated. When pressed again a grey patterned screen appears with a flashing green arrow that says 'unlock'. Unfortunately it doesn't.  It's not possible to use the phone at all once this has kicked in. None of the keys or the touchscreen responds.The only thing to do is take the battery out as it can't even be switched off. I've sent it back twice but it's been returned with the message 'it is working perfectly'. Well that's not the case. Has anyone else come across this problem? You said your daughter sorted it out in your next post, could you tell me how, so I can try and get my phone working again.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wishvanath

Re: C3-01 Problems touch screen

I used this phone for abot 6 months, the touch screen stopped, I replaced it from nokia local care centre (Softlogic) for (Rs. 3500.00) $27. But again it failed after about 6 months. what is with this countinuous issue.

Please help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jahed1712

Same Here!!!

I Really Want To Fix It, Dont Know How :smileysad:((

Please use plain text.
CMDR

Please use plain text.