Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C3-01 TOUCHSCREEN

richy_rich

I have been reading this thread with interest mainly because my wife was having the same problem.

Now, although the phone had been immersed in water some 6 months prior to the time that the trouble started I rather thought that the behaviour was still seemingly somehow software related.

Fearing that the phone was on its way out, I firstly made a full backup, contacts messages etc.

Issue 1: The backup does not finish cleanly. Software Bug, Nokia please fix.

The disable of the touch screen seems to be triggered when ever she received a phone call that lasted more than a few minutes. It looked like a hardware fault, yes, but I upgraded to the newest software version anyway V06.00 28.03.11 was installed. Seemed to install ok but the touch screen problem persisted.

After a bit of reading I saw that it was possible to do a HOT restore. Key combo (*#7370#),
Not for the feint hearted.

Issue 2: As with the backup this did not finish cleanly so I went for broke after about 3 hours of a white screen and switched the phone off (bye bye phone?), and back on again, it is working fine! No sign of trouble.

Is that symptomatic of a hardware fault? Maybe it is, but if I tried to tell someone that at the place where I worked I would be given short shrift, to say the very least.

Now look at the length of this thread, this is a much loved device, please investigate and tell us specifically what the hardware or software problem is.

Oh yes Issue 3: The restore of the backup does not complete cleanly although it is apparently successful, software bug please fix.

Don’t mean to sound self-righteous here but at least Apple tell us when we “aren’t holding it right”.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi richy_rich,

Thanks for your information. I also forwarded to the related Nokia C3-01 unit.

I am not able to reproduce the issues here with my own Nokia C3-01 phone,

I believe it is best you visit to the Nokia Care Point in your area.

So you can be sure what it is.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
richy_rich

Hi Mahayv,

Thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned, the phone had been water damaged 6 months prior to the touch screen problems starting. My fear that if I take the phone to a support centre I will end up getting a big bill for the service.

There have been further developments in this case. The touch screen problem is constantly reproducible by answering any incoming phone call. The problem does not occur in any other operating mode.

We have purchased a new C3-01 to replace the slightly fault one and all is well for the time being.

I cannot find an address of the nearest Nokia Care Point using the link you provide. Could you post me the address of the nearest Care Point in relation to the City ofZürich,Switzerland? I would be happy to take the phone along providing the inspection would be guaranteed free of charge. It may help your team to source the bug in the hardware or software.

Please use plain text.
sushiside

Same problems with touch screen, backup and email.

Very disapponting,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pacoep6

[ Edited ]

Hi. Finally I've sent my C3-01 to a Care Point, and they have changed my touchscreen free (after 50 days, but...).
I hope you'll do the same, cause here there are no news. Be lucky.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jb33

The touchscreen on my Nokia C3-01 also has stopped working.

I have had my phone for 6 months now. At first, during months 4-5,  it seemed like a glitch with the touchscreen either not responding to touch or when I would touched the bottom part of the screen, a button on the top part of the screen would be "pressed". This glitch happened occassionly.

But now my touchscreen is completely unresponsive. I cannot unlock my phone to open it and since I took the battery out and turned my phone back on, I can't even enter my PIN to restart the phone. Before I could still receive phone calls because the keypad works, but now I cannot receive or make phone calls.

This phone is horrible.  Hopefully my warranty will be honored when I send this thing back.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aishmal

I have had my C3 for a couple of months and have had similar problems with touch-screen responsivness and then yesterday the touch-screen stopped working totally. I have tried everything to try and get it working with no success. I am not happy and really, really, disappointed!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
glider0007

same p
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have the same problem too. My c3-01 touch pad used to get stuck sometimes but it used to start working fine after sometime. But when i upgraded to latest firmware v7.15 after completing a long call my touch pad stopped working completely. I had submitted the phone to nokia care center now.

I tried the trick to charge the battery and then remove it from phone and replace it again in phone after an hour. It did not made any difference. Simply i am not able to unlock the security lock slider on the first screen of the phone.

Does any one having firmware v7.15 faced this issue? If yes it might point to a bug in firmware v7.15.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mepava

Nokia c3-01 is the worst phone ever. And Nokia Care people are big idiots. in one care center they told due to fungus formation its not working and in another center told touch pad is not working and we will replace. I do not know nokia people take interview on technical side b4 taking technicians...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jackieb

Hi Mahayv

I have had the same problem with the Touch Screen on my C3-01, also the phone was dropped and the screen cracked.

I was planning to get the screen repaired but want confirmation that this recurring touchscreen problem, which has been identified as a hardware problem, has been resolved - so the new screen I buy will not have the same problems.

Jackieb

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Jackieb,

I got my C3-01 phone with firmware v7.15 back with new touch screen from Nokia care center. Everything seems to work fine now. So i guess it was a hardware fault not a firmware issue. Get new touch screen for your phone and make sure you are using latest firmware v7.15.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pacoep6

When Nokia changed my touchscreen they gave me the phone with the 6.05v. So I think the firmware has not solved the problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pepsy89

[ Edited ]

Same problem here, im from romania and i got the phone like 1 month ago, it worked very fine, but 1 week ago, i noticed that the touchscreen stops working, and all i can do is remove the battery and put it back so the touch work again.

The touch problem apears random, sometime works 2 days , and then kaboom , sometime works some hours.

I will go aftes hollydais to the nokia, hope they will fix it.

The phone software version is 7.015.

Merry Chtistmas.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MantraG

Hi mahayv,

I had gifted this mobile to my mother and the touch screen has stopped working in less than 3 months :smileyembarrassed:

What is the latest on this ?

Did you hear back from the C3-01 unit?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

If that is under warranty then dont worry as that will be covered under warranty. If you want more solutions about phones or any technical query then you can refer techarena.in. thank you!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HagensenDK

Same problem here! - had it for few months, and all the errors coming slowly...

- Screen lock problems

- Message conversations is switching messages to other conversations....Confussing!

(any other on that? - let me hear!)

Hagensen

DK

Please use plain text.
msm2012

Same Problem with my C3-01. This phone was purchased in Mar-2011 and I have already replaced touch screen once in Oct-2011 and the same problem has cropped up again. Looks like this problem is repeating with 4 to 5 months frequency. If this problem persists even after replacing the touch screen, I believe there is something more to this problem with people complaining all around the globe. Now I understand why other brands have overtaken Nokia... I believed in Nokia (this is my fourth instrument from Nokia) and I never ever had iota of thought to purchase other brands. But now I regret. Nokia wake up...

There's something more interesting, I have heard from couple of friends & relatives they have similar problems with "C5" models. Are the touch models from Nokia's stable - **bleep**?

Please use plain text.
babuvgl

First of all I should have checked these kind of forums before I went to the Nokia Care Center when I start facing this touchscreen lock problems.

This might have helped me in negotiating with them for replacement of phone or money considering the number of customers.

Rupees 10 to 15 lakhs worth of cars were recalled by Toyota, immediately after receiving annoying complaints and numerous accident reports from their customers.

When you compare the phone cost of C3-01 versus the worth of cars Toyota recalled, it is not even a peanut.

My request to Nokia is to better announce for a "RECALL" of these inutile model C3-01 from the customers and replace the same with the different model matching the cost or at the customers choice.

Thank God that today I found this forum and it is very helpful to know about the issues faced by the fellow customers.

If Nokia is not interested in come for solution, my next move will be approaching the Consumer Court where we can have a remedy with a compensation.

Thanks for concording the fact that Nokia C3-01 model is a utter failure and announcing for a "RECALL" of your worn-out phone from the consumers.

Babu

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nokasaurus

Babu- what software version are you running. I think we need to see if this might relate to a software upgrade perhaps. If everyone with a screen failure could post this information it might be useful.
Please use plain text.