Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3 01(Touch & Type) Internet Phone

Registered Member
vikramchopda

C3 01(Touch & Type) Internet Phone

I m trying to use the Internet Phone inbuilt by nokia on my handset using WiFi but it doesn't work.

I have tryed many time to connect but it never get Connect and gave's erroe NO SERVER Found

i hve tryed using the different option(providers) on Internet Phone Tpad,FriendCaller,ippi,mondotalk,alonia and aso gizmo but doesn't work with anyone

Pls help me!!

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: C3 01(Touch & Type) Internet Phone

Google has discontinued Gizmo5 since April 3rd (http://www.google.com/gizmo5/).

From those that you listed atleast ippi works for me. You give correct username and password for ippi when configuring the existing account ? or do you use the new account way ?

haven't seen "no server found" error ever. At which stage does that note appear ?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

I have some settings for you below: Please try these:

Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Internet Connection :Ask first
you are asked for the connection method every time you open an application that requires an Internet connection such as Browser or Mail.
Select Menu > Settings and Configuration > Preferred access point — View the saved access points and choose the preferred WLAN access point.

Select Menu > Settings > Configuration  > Personal settings >

Add > Web > account name "My Web" and use preferred access point "yes"

I hope this helps.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Professor

@mahayv Your suggeston talks about packet data settings, do you mean that VoIP would work over packet data ? (user guide and VoIP documentation at FN only talks about WiFi) if it really does so - how to do it ?????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nikb72

my C3-01 is successfully using wifi with my home hub but when trying to set up internet phone it uses the wizard which says "exit wizard and set up manually". I can't see any manual ways of entering settings. Also, does it simply use the broadband to make the calls or do you need a Voip account? Orange UK could not find a solution.

Please use plain text.
Professor

it seems some of the operator branded firmwares have cripled the VoIP setup system of the Nokia phones. Luckily the VoIP functionality is still there so you can get it in use but you need to get the settings other way to the phone. I would recommend n0kvoip tool (google it)

Please use plain text.