Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C3-01 Voice dialing

Advisor
sschriber

C3-01 Voice dialing

[ Edited ]

I've had this phone for 10 days and just learning that it doesn't have voice dialing. The spec sheet on the Nokia site clearly states that it has voice commands -

What's up?

Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: C3-01 Voice dialing

HI Sschriber,

Thanks for your feedback.

I just checked it from the link below: Nokia.com : under software & Applications but i could not find voice commands.

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-c3-01/specifications#Software_applications

Software platform & user interface
  • Series 40 6th edition
  • Firmware update over the air (FOTA)
  • Speech codecs: HR, FR, EFR
  • Software updates

Are we refering to the same link or you have another link?

Br

Mahyav

Advisor
sschriber

Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

[ Edited ]

HI,

Thanks for your feedback. I will inform to the related unit for correcting.

Br

Mahayv

Delveling

So you sell phones with incorrect specs and the solution is to fix the web page..

Azadre

I think it is funny that the C3-01 lacks voice commands.  I have used the 2730, and it featured voice commands.  Even with training and it explicitly knowing how I say "Radio On", the phone would not turn on the radio and would just return 4 or 5 commands.  I was much less disappointed at that point when I realized the C3-01 does not have voice command.

Maybe the lack of voice commands is a bug fix? :smileywink:

Registered Member

Nokia still selling phones with the wrong spec!

Puchased a Nokia C3-00 on the 12th March 2010, and it clearly list Voice Dialling on the back of the box. But unable to locate anything about it in the user manual

Counsellor
missmouse

Ive had several pnone with "supposed" voice command. they never work. Its a total waste of time  Im sure thats why Nokia have dropped it on this phone. My only wish is that they would go back to includinga comprehensive instruction book with all new phones! So much time is wasted asking people questions in forums like this how some simple function works all because the pitiful "user guide" doest make any mention of it!

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@missmouse - although that is an ongoing problem for all phone brands nowadays. I have a Samsung Galaxy S and the instruction book is smaller than the one on my last Nokia phone (5800 which I'm still using on my second network. Nokia GPS accuracy>>> Samsung's GPS unit). Its even shorter and smaller than a Casio calculator's manual! I have to go to a forum every now and then to ask something if I cant figure it out.

However I must say that one of the most likeable things for me when I have a new phone is to discover its features. :smileyhappy:)
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Counsellor
missmouse

well yes I certainly appreciate guys like you taking the time to share info but what are the phone companies playing at by stopping the instruction books? If its down to cost then make one available to buy!

Im still convinced there must be a "secret" technicians version  out there tho otherwise how do all these mobile phone repair/unlocking shops survive?

Until recently car makers kept their repair manuals securely within their dealers hands, then there was an EU ruling that forced them to make available to the public ( at a cost of course!) IF you wanted one.

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Actually, if you have some older s40 phone manuals (the more complete ones) they're still mostly applicable on the newer phones as the interface hasnt changed much.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.