Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 factory reset?

Counsellor
missmouse

C3-01 factory reset?

If I do this full reset, does it get rid of all the Orange stuff on the phone & make it like an unbranded one like they sell in carphonewarehouse for example?

Im thinking 'cos its Orange branded, this is why a lot of the stuff I read about here doesnt seem to apply to my phone?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Hunaid786

Re: C3-01 factory reset?

:smileyvery-happy: 1st of all, what is ORANGE in about your Device ?
Honestly, there is no ORANGE stuff in my Device Atleast.
And No, Hard Factory Reset does not tamper with your Device, just the FW (Firmware) is reset to its original one installed. Like If you Had updated your FW to latest v06.05 and if you do a hard factory reset it will be back to like as if you just Updated your Mobile Back (Like Reinstall the FW v06.05)

And As you know, if you Update your FW, everything is removed from the Phone Memory.

Unless you have yourself tampered with your device hardware or if you have bought your device from a NON retailer/Uncertified Shop, then any tampering with your Device is counted as fault and The Warrenty is VOID.

To hard reset your Nokia C3-01 Touch and Type you just have to press *#7370# and press Dial. The phone will request the security code that is by default 12345. Please be aware that you will loose all the data in your phone, so you should backup all relevant information.

If you want to soft reset your Nokia C3-01 Touch and Type you need to press *#7780# and then Dial. The security code is 12345. Once you complete this, your phone will come back to factory settings, but you will not loose personal data. Anyway it is recommended to make a backup before performing any of the mentioned procedures.

If I've helped in any way, a click upon the White star to the left would always be appreciated.

If however my answer also solves your problem clicking below " ACCEPT AS SOLUTION " it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

missmouse wrote:

If I do this full reset, does it get rid of all the Orange stuff on the phone & make it like an unbranded one like they sell in carphonewarehouse for example?

No it won't as if you look at label under battery there is a seven digit product code starting with "0" and this dictates that Nokia Software Updater delivers only Orange branded firmware which is one of the major disadvantages of network subsidised devices.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
darthpunk

How can I update to the latest firmware for the Nokia C3-01 ?

My C3-01 is unlocked BUT it has Virgin Mobile setup - I want to remove all Virgin mobile features & associations, how can I do this myself?

Thankyou....

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi darthpunk,

Welcome to the Forum.

The best thing to do in your case is to contact your local Nokia care.  They will give you support.

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.