Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3-01 - message icon showing on screen - no messag...

natcarish

C3-01 - message icon showing on screen - no message

I've just upgraded my phone and the message icon is showing and when I go to messages the inbox has '(1)' next to it, but on opening inbox there are no unread messages. Where is this phantom message and how can I get at it / delete it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: C3-01 - message icon showing on screen - no message

I'm not familiar with this device but check if you have any sim messages. Usually the feature should be found within messaging app ->options.

Sorry if this doesn't do it.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
natcarish

Thanks, but I don't  have 'options' in my messaging setup, only settings and even with all messages deleted from inbox, it still says there's a message

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

U need to reset ur phone to factory state. Settings-restore factory settings-restore all. The phone will ask for security code. Remember restore all will delete all ur data so do keep a backup. Only don't back up msg this time. If this doesn't work reinstall the firmware using Nokia Ovi Suite.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Resetting phone wont fix that
open messaging select options,you may need to scroll down screen to see options,then go to sim messages.
if not try open inbox and select options

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Timlondonparis

Unfortunately you have purchased a terrible phone. I called Orange and they replaced it as they said the fault regarding that message can't be fixed. Sadly Im still stuck with the same model.

Please use plain text.
flowerangelke

I'm having the same problem. The message icon is showing, but there's no unread message. How can i get rid of the envelope?

I already deleted all the sim-messages... no solution?

Please use plain text.