Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3 - Application error after upgrade to V7.2

Registered Member
samar_27

C3 - Application error after upgrade to V7.2

I have been using C3 from past 2 months I recently updated phone software to the latest version 7.2. To my surprise none of my Games which used to work earlier work anymore. I get the following error:

Class Not Found

java/lang/ClassNot FoundException

What do I do to get this work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the games also looked for update which says I have the latest version. I have 8GB microsd in the phone

SAM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bugla

Re: C3 - Application error after upgrade to V7.2

Hello... I just bought a c3 last week and i have version 7.2, however, when i download applications they have no audio.. i don't know why.. my first thoughts were that i needed to update its software, but i think that V 7.2 is the latest software.. or am i mistaken?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hanysyria

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aleh

how did you upgrade? r u on att? thanx...i cant seem to u[pgrade to 7.2...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bugla

i bought the phone already with the V7.2

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Viradsh

I bought a nokia c3 1 month ago and i updated to 7.20 ver..after upadating none of games and application not working it show application error.
class not found
as same like a sam.plz help me out.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi All,

If pre installed applications do not work any more after sw update, possibly something went wrong with the update itself.
Re-update your phone.

If downloaded applications do not work any more after sw update,re-install the downloaded applications.

If this is not possible because of the “old” (non-working) applications cause error, do Restore Factory Settings first, and then re-install the applications. Remember to backup your phone before factory settings. Otherwise personal data will be deleted.

I hope this helps

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sauravbabu33

I am also having the same problem after updating it to 7.20. Now i am using 8.6 version but problem is same. After doing the factory reset it is not yet solved.
Please use plain text.
sanjay_karachi

even im facing the same when i got ipdated to 7.20 ma some of the applications not working properly giving "APPLICATION ERROR". 

Y Does it happening so ??

and u guys r saying the problem even persist after after restoring the machine ? means therez no way to solve this prob

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

The same happened to my C3-00. The applications did not work after the updated to 7.20. Restoring a previous backup did not help, the same errors remained.

I ended up deleting and re-downloading the apps from OVI store (and losing the apps not available from there). The re-downloaded apps worked correctly.

I can only guess that the problem is related to

- changes in application metadata stored by the OS

- changes in data stored by the application (recordStore?).

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

If the situation does not get better with the solutions above i recommend, then i would suggest to visit  to the nearest Nokia Care Points.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page.

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tosiani

I read that many many people have the same problem wqith C3 when updated to 7.2. I hope that Nokia publish a solutios.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deepaks43

i also faced the same problem with java apps.if i downloaded the apps directly from my phone it doesnt work..but if i download it in my PC and then take it to my phone thru OVI suite (or simple copy paste).,everything works just fine!! try it!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

If you face a ‘ClassNotFoundException’ for all of your apps in Applications/Collection, then please, try the Nokia Software Recovery Tool which works with a Nokia Series 40 phone like yours, as well. The data cable is a standard Micro-USB one. I am sure, someone of your acquaintances has that cable and/or a computer. If your cannot find one, you have to go for your dealer who sends your Nokia to a local, but genuine Nokia Care Centre. Did that help?

If you face another exception and/or only Nokia Mail is affected, then you face another issue!

Please use plain text.