Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: C3- GPRS always on

Advisor
Roy_NL

I finally found it, it was the setting "notify me about new emails" in each email account.

Registered Member
juliaayre

[ Edited ]

The flight mode on then off worked for me as well

Registered Member
123kitti456

None of the suggestions above worked for me as such. So I just decided to delete the accounts (mail & facebook) and the E sign disappeared for good.
Registered Member
123kitti456

Then re add the accounts and ensure that all setting are set to manual. This will avoid any automatic connection through the apps
heather22

I am having exactly the same problem and it is costing me £1 every day I switch on my phone!

I have set Internet to 'always ask', I have packet data set to 'when needed', I have downlaoded no apps, not subscribed to any apps already on the phone, not set up anything on 'communities', not set up any mail accounts.

All I have done previously is access the Internet on a few occasions to look at pages such as yahoo and google.

I can sit and watch the data counters clicking over with lots of little tiny usages every few seconds for a few minutes, the E appears on the screen and there seems to be nothing I can do to stop it.

I don't want to block GPRS as I bought this phone specifically for occasional web use.

It has done this ever since I had the phone in mid-December so I don't see why resetting factory settings would change anything.

Please help - this is driving me up the wall!

Registered Member
tejastamhane

Re: C3- GPRS always on- Solved :)

:smileyhappy: Hey I was having the same problem..The E sign would just not go  But this guy here has given a step by step process on how to solve this Wifi-gprs  problem... Hope it helps you too :smileyhappy:

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=284369

Registered Member
raaaachhy

thanks, facebook was charging me. :/

Registered Member
MMehedi

[ Edited ]

Well problem solved. Just go to each of email settings and change the alert option turn it off.. another thing might cuz which is on chat there is an option which says alert me on updates turn it off too.. I thing tthat might help.. mine working fine without [E] thanks for all your advise.

Registered Member
Ron91

I tried all these things. But after my phone ate through 50 dollars of credit in 1 night this is what i did.

Delete the Vodafone au preference in the phone configuration. The problem with this is if you want to use it again you have to ring your provider and get it set up again.
Registered Member
SV123

i have faced the same problem, i deleted all the accounts from mail menu and communities and downloaded apps then E is gone .

ilysha

How you do to make it ?
are your phone have e symbol ?
ilysha

Someone please help me , i'm always be charged..

why my home screen always have E symbol ?

how to remove it ?

i just used whatsapp chat , thats all .. i'm on the chat using WIFI but when i went to somewhere there are no WIFI and i dont open the chat but it have E symbol and it charged me .

how to remove the E symbol ???

pleASE help me .. my mom said if it always like that , i want to buy a new phone that not nokia

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Hi Ilysha,

Whatsapp needs a constant a data connection. (Always online app)

It's not possible to use Whatsapp on WIFI only. As stated on their FAQ.

Remove Whatsapp and you will see that the E symbol will be gone.

As there is no application left in your device requiring connection with the internet.

Please contact your operator for a data plan in order to use Whatsapp at low costs.

Hope this helps,

John_Tesla

Registered Member
najihah_razak

hello , i'm using nokia C3 phone . i'm also having such as that problem . the symbol G for GPRS is always appear when i'm not using wifi . this problem does not relate from communities or nokia mail . this problem happen when i'm using whatsapp and i'm install it .so , i delete that application from my phone , after that the symbol G did not appear . now , i want to using whatsapp but i want the symbol G will not happen again . please help me .

Jimmy_HK

I have the same problem. Please tell me how to delete whatsapp from my phone-C3. Tks!
Jimmy_HK

Hi John_Tesla, please tell me how to remove Whatsapp from my phone-C3. Tks!
Jimmy_HK

Thanks all! I finally figure out how to remove Whatsapp (by pressing the icon for few seconds then the option of "DELETE"will come up. Now the symbol of G & H are out.
Registered Member
Melilao

How can you check that, where do you find the setting for that?

vickdezote

I noticed that GPRS gets activated on its own. Packet data connectivity is set to "when needed" and network connectivity of all applications are set to "ask every time". I can't find a way to turn off the GPRS connection. Even if I turn off the phone-- remove the battery and SIM card as advised by Nokia help line-- the GPRS still activates a few seconds after the phone is turned back on.
vickdezote

I noticed that GPRS gets activated on its own.  Packet data connectivity is set to "when needed" and network connectivity of all applications are set to "ask every time".  I can't find a way to turn off the GPRS connection.  Even if I turn off the phone-- remove the battery and SIM card as advised by Nokia help line-- the GPRS still activates a few seconds after the phone is turned back on. Help me...