Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C3 connectivity problems

Registered Member
ymarson

C3 connectivity problems

I bought the C3 knowing its limitations ( poor camera, old OS, lack of 3G ) but at £50 a lightweight device that could handle my yahoo mail, txt messaging, MSN/Yahoo IM requirements as well as easy FB/Twitter seemed a bargain.

However I am encountering numerous connectivity annomalies; am sure these are down to "user error" rather than the device and would be happy to find the solution for these.

1) email only works on GPRS. Due to this i have the connectivity settings on "always ask" as i switch often between using email and the web browser

2) sometimes i lose connectivity altogether and have no choice but to restart the device

3) the email update functionality seems pretty random; it is either working well or not at all

4) The FB/Twitter apps take ages to get started. it is sometimes easier to accessFB/Tw or even mail with the browser.

Am currently on 07.20.

Would appreciate advice as I am quite attached to this phone otherwise!

Y

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qardia

Re: C3 connectivity problems

ymarson wrote:
[...]

However I am encountering numerous connectivity annomalies; am sure these are down to "user error" rather than the device and would be happy to find the solution for these.

1) email only works on GPRS. Due to this i have the connectivity settings on "always ask"

as i switch often between using email and the web browser

[...]

Same here.

And don't underestimate yourself, dude. 'User error' is when you pretend your mobile to do something it can't, not when you ask the thing to do what it's supposed to.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nnova031

same here : ovi mail won't work through wifi and FB app doens't seem to get started at all. Using the browser instead.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ymarson

How do i get a Nokia engineer to response to my thread?

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

Not likely to happen.

You should contact  Customer Support via email using the form on Nokia's homepage and describe your problem. If there's something development-related in your mail (e.g. problem reports), that information might be relayed to the developers (if it is about a problem not yet known).

Also, if there's a serious problem and the forum admins find it necessary, they might relay that information too.

Any feedback you'll receive will be from them or from Customer Support. 

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MicroMontis

I have the exact same issues with my C3-00: Email works randomly, WiFi stop responding and you have to reboot to make it work and etc connectivity problems.

Please use plain text.