Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3-00 :: The Definitive WLAN Guide

Contributor
nenad_s

Re: C3 wifi problem (connect to wlan but internet not work)

In your default browser Opera Mini settings (Menu>Internet>Browser>Options>Tools>Settings) go to Network and in Protocol should be Socket. NOT HTTP... I hope it was helpful.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ianskie

Can somebody please help me. Just got this Nokia C3 and i am having a problem using the internet. I can connect with wifi but i cannot connect with the internet. can somebody help me please...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ianskie

nenad_s, i tried it but still "INTERNET CONNECTION FAILED" :smileysad: thank you for your effort..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ianskie

i forgot to tell you, my location is jubail, saudi arabia and my phone carrier is by STC prepaid..guys need your help badly..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ReneB

[ Edited ]

The "allsolution" solution worked over here! Many many thanks!!

It's on page 2 and the kernel of the solution is the following:

Step 1: Menu> Settings> Configuration> Personal Settings> Add> Web or Streaming or any other (Just add, needs no other settings)
Step 2: Menu> Settings> Configuration> Default config. settings (choose MyWeb, Personal Settings or the name created at step 1)
Step 3: Menu> Settings> Configuration> Personahl settings (delete the field created in step 1) then go to Menu> Settings> Configuration> Preferred access point (choose one of the available options)

I "fixed" the GPRS vs WiFi solution via the provider: I let them block my gprs authorities. I won't need them in the field, because of the high costs. Then SMS will do.

This all for my 15y old daughters C3 she worked so hard for (the C3, which I allmost smashed with a hammer, dropped in the toilet, put under my car wheels, dropped from the highest building or let my dog play with it. Yes that C3.).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ianskie

@ReneB, i tried your solution but still i cant connect to internet. my C3 can detect my WIFI but whenever i tried to connect the internet i cant connect. message is FAILED TO CONNECT TO THE  INTERNET..need really your help guys...i am getting crazy with this mobile!!!ggggrrr...

Thanks ReneB...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PauloBral

Nokia C3-00 :: The Definitive WLAN Guide

Hi, this is Paulo Bral™,

I recently got an Nokia C3-00 mobile, and I faced so many problems with Wi-FI connection of this phone that I decided to share my experience with you guys.

I am going to write here the definitive guide to fix all WLAN problems you may encounter (and this is something that not even Nokia Support was able to do) - are you ready?

First of all, I am assuming you have the knowledge about Wi-Fi networking (SSIDs, Channels, Security, and all the terms related to setting up a decent Wi-Fi connection), second, you need to have full access to your router, as we will configure everything from the ground, third and last you will need a tool called InSSIDer from Meta Geeks (Google it) to perform diagnostic tasks explained below.

1. Analyzing the networks around you
    First off, you need to spend some time running the tool InSSIDer on your PC to collect data from Wi-Fi networks around you as they may be the cause of your connection problems. We will use these 2 visualizations: "Time Graph" and "2.4GHz Channel" to monitor the networks around - if you don't know what you are doing, better close this page and start running away.

2. Configuring the router
    After collecting data from the networks around, now it's time to set up our router. I found out that I have other 15 networks around me, and I found out here that most of them were using Channel 6, the same I was using. Also some of them are using the Channel 9 and 11. In this case, I set my router to use the Channel 1, as nobody were using it and it is also far away from other Channels being used. After some time collecting data, you will be able to see which Channel has no user or less users, and you must choose it. The security of you WLAN is your choice, as it does not have any side effects. I suggest using WPA2 as it is the most secure of the 3 this mobile supports. BTW, don't ask me how to configure your router, ask Google for it!

3. Testing WLAN connectivity
    Now it's time to test WLAN connectivity with your reconfigured router. Try opening some pages, try watching YouTube videos... If your mobile is working OK, with no connection errors or timeouts, your problem was only the interference caused by networks around. But, if you still experience problems like timeouts or errors opening pages and YouTube videos, you need to continue to the next step.

4. Using router QoS and Static IP
    If you have an very fast internet (10MBPS+) you will need to slow things down, as this cell phone does not really support fastest internet speeds, now you have to know your cell MAC address, make it use an Static IP, and configure QoS to reduce the downstream speed on the cell phone IP to 3MBPS max speed - BTW, not all routers supports this, if yours don't support it, get another router, I recommend Cisco or LinkSyS.

5. Still having problems
    The above steps solved my problem for a while, as the phone were working a little better with my Wi-Fi, yet I experienced some timeouts and errors opening pages. Now the next step will require a PC connected to your network and this will reduce to ZERO the timeouts and errors opening pages.

6. Keeping the Connection Alive - for bad routers
    If you have a generic (not Cisco or LinkSyS) cheap bad router, you will need this step! I noticed that even when the cell phone were showing the Wireless icon, the LED indicating Wireless on my router was not always turned on, so I understood my router was like "ignoring" the cell phone connection and just stopped responding to its calls. To fix this bad router behavior, you will need a PC connected to your network, and prepare yourself to laugh: All you need to do is "keep pinging" the cell phone IP as this will keep it connection alive. The simplest way is to create a .BAT file with these 3 lines inside:

:autoping
    ping <cell phone IP>
    goto autoping

Now save it on your desktop, use anyname.bat as you wish - now run it and connect your cell phone to the WLAN. You will notice the difference, as it will work so stable like if it were connected using LAN cable!!! You will never have connection problems again!

Well, that is it, following this guide your cell phone will never have WLAN problems again (well, at least on your WLAN).

Best regards,
Paulo Bral™

Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Please use plain text.
clel64

Re: Nokia C3-00 :: The Definitive WLAN Guide

Help!

To the person above, your advice is far too complicated for me! Besides which, there surely must be an easier solution/fix to this problem Nokia?!?!? I have tried the various suggestions in this thread, none of which work. In summary here are my problems;

1) I can connect to WLAN.

2) I have been able to register hotmail/yahoo through the mail function in messaging and this works.

3) For a few days I was able to use facebook through the internet tab - this now does not work - says connection failed.

4) Opera mini - loads up - click on any of the tabs, says connection failed.

5) Web tab - same problem.

There's lots of talk about changing access points/altering configurations etc, I've tried this to no avail.

Funnily enough everything works fine through the contract connection, although I have internet in my price plan it's somewhat annoying to have to use this up when there is WLAN available.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Avenger_Osiris

thank you yeeshu for the great tips..
It really helps me...
Although mine is X3-02
=D
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
makgriffin16

i am from india and i bought a c3 the problem was the same...someone told me to do the following

text NREG NP 1108 <imei>

to 9266610000

WLAN IS WORKING FINE... AND EVERYTHING IS OK :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PauloBral

NEVER TEXT YOUR IMEI - NEVER DO SUCH A STUPID THING!
Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PauloBral

Re: Nokia C3-00 :: The Definitive WLAN Guide

Maybe your problem is your router. Try the 6th step from my tutorial to see if this helps you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
biswajitSen

ReneB, It worked for me!!

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BossWillie18

Yeeshu, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! xD. I Have Been Trying For Ages To Fix My Little Connection Problem && Your Solution Helped! Thanks A Bunches! xD

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ReneB

@ianskie

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't help you any further. This morning my daughters phone had the same old problem, after Vodafone did put gprs back on. Very strange how this could have happened, but my daughter was awake and she saw the G(prs) symbol coming up again. 

I let Vodafone put it of and still internet didn't work via Wifi. I tried the steps I described above again and the problem was fixed. So it should do the trick I guess....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Wifi_p

Hi ,

follow the instruction.

Got-->setting

--> connectivity

-->WLAN

-->Internet Connection

-->choose ASk first.

Now when ever you will use the internet it will autoprompt you for the connection that u wannna surf e.g.

Your wifi or sim.

Enjoy:smileyhappy:

Regards

Ayush

Please use plain text.
clipper4255

Hello,

I have a Nokia C3-00 and my service provider (Consumer Cellular) disabled the ability to use the WIFI option. Is there a work a round to use this feature. I would appreciate any help.

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

Are you sure they intentionally disabled the feature?

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peekay

Thanks.This has solved my problem. Now I can connect internet.

Please use plain text.
rajitkg12

FYI :-while posting this I am Using Nokia C3 V08.63 firm ware version which is updated through GPRS and I am using BSNL Connection.

Wifi Connection is not a problem in Nokia C3 , its a confussion, Because while connecting to wifi for 3 to 4 second it shows GPRS icon in menu bar so we will be confussed is it connecting to wifi or GPRS.

SO please do not be confussed wait for 4 seconds automaticaly GPRS icon goes away and wifi starts to work.I have had tested it myself  for your clarification you can witness that after useage of wifi you dont ger Data Useage Message from your Network provider.as you recieve after GPRS Useage.

NOKIA C3 Fastes user interface  and great phone for internet and Java Application its really fast and best phone which gives you the option of Wifi and GPRS/EGPRS which is faster than 3G

One suggestion Keep Your Option 'Ask First' in Connectivity Settings WLAN so you can connect as you wish.

Thanks Nokia for this great phone only one regret its not multi functional

Please use plain text.