Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5-00 USB charging problem

Contributor
sanketh

C5-00 USB charging problem

[ Edited ]

Just discovered that my C5 cannot be charged using USB wall chargers. Tried apple, philips, belkin chargers- none of them work with C5. When plugged in, there is no notification or beep but a mild shock can be felt at the back cover! Strangely, it works fine with computer USB ports.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: C5-00 USB charging problem

apple, philips, belkin chargers- WONT WORK.
you need the correct cable
http://www.nokia.com.hk/link?cid=EDITORIAL_714904
for your pc
you need this charger for the wall

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/power/chargers/nokia-micro-usb-cha...

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sanketh

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you need the correct compatible product

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lassie

Is it really that bad that Nokia doesen´t support the USB standard? In that case why does marketing says it does? At least I intepret it that way when I was told USB charging is possible I should be able to use the SE charger I´ve already got.

Please use plain text.
xelophon

Yes I know that this is an old thread. But I want to document the solution for the problem:

Most cheap USB-chargers do not short-circuit the pins d+ and d- (which are the two central pins in a USB-Jack). If those are shorted out the C5-00 recognizes your power-supply as a charging device.

Please use plain text.