Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C5-03 How to turn off data

Registered Member
kailt

C5-03 How to turn off data

I am using a C5-03 as my company phone and the company phone plane doesn't include data. May I know how to turn off the data connectivity such that there is no chance ever of me accidentally going on 3G internet networks/GPS/any data transfers at all? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Re: C5-03 How to turn off data

Hi kailt,

Welcome to Nokia discussions board!

Thank you for your post. you can cut the 3G connection by pressing the Home button > Settings > Settings > Phone > Network then Set this to GSM.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on,

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kailt

Hi Sergent,

Thank you for your help! I've turned off the 3G according to your instructions, but I've found that my phone is still sending and receving GPRS MMS from some of the apps. Is there any way to turn that off as well? Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

If you want to remove the possibility to use mobile date you can delete the accesspoint from MENU>Settings>Connectivity>Destinations>Internet then select the accesspoint and Options>delete.

For this to work the accesspoint must not be active so it might be required to switch to the offline profile by tapping the on/off button and then select and activate the 'offline' profile. Activate the 'general' profile after removal of the accesspoint. You can still use WLAN where available after removing the mobile data accesspoint.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kailt

Hi Kosh,

I noticed that under Destinations, I also have access points under Multimedia Message that I am unable to delete, presumably because they were installed by the retailer. May I know if there is any way (like changing the homepage, access point name, etc) that can disable it? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi,

You should be able to remove these in the same way, but you will have to make sure your phone is using the offline profile when you do so, else these may be locked.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kailt

I've changed it to offline, but there was still no 'delete' option. Will changing the specifications/settings of the access points make them unable to function? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Yes, but you may get an error when an application tries to access the connection. 

Make sure that with the accesspoint selected your press the options button which should show the delete option when it opens.

Please use plain text.
samchris

Hi,
i am using C2-02,last week i went to flash my phone but after that it always ask me for passwords to open a memory card,and i have lost passwords since i used to try many characters as passwords.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abeysam

no destination menu on my nokia c5 series i cant turn off my data

Please use plain text.