Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5-03: disable internet access via phone

JDefour

C5-03: disable internet access via phone

Hi all,

recently I bought the Nokia C5-03. I can successfully connect to the internet using a WIFI connection, or by regular phone using the internet connection my mobile phone operator provides.

The problem is that the internet via regular phone is way too expensive with my phone company, so I want to be sure that no app (or mail synchronization) can establish a connection in this way. If WIFI is present, WIFI may be used for internet access.

So concrete example for mail synchronization:

Wifi present => use WIFI for synchronization

No Wifi present => don't  try to synchronize, even not with regular internet over phone-line

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: C5-03: disable internet access via phone

If you are sure you never ever want to connect using mobile internet then the fool proof way of doing it would be to delete all the mobile access points. You should find them at Destinations. You can always set them up again should you change your mind.

Please use plain text.
JDefour

Thank you cjlim for the answer, that seems to have solved the problem .

Internet now still works when WIFI is detected. But I seem not to be able any more to sync my gmail with the 'mail exchange server'. Should this be possible by using only WIFI, of does synchronisation only works if you use the regular phone line?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aijucis111

HERE IS THE ANSWER FOR EVERYBODY :smileyhappy:

My bf got bill on 400EURO becose of this stupid internet connection, but acctualy the solving is VERY SIMPLE

u just have to push the ´´main red swiching off´´ button, (push it but not hold it, so not to swich off phone) and then choose ´´offline´´ mode from folowing options, then u can see on phones left upper corner a red cross, wich indicates´´ no zone´´ for internet, wich means NO INTERNET HALLELUJA

:-)))

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Sync only works using mobile internet connection to the best of my knowledge.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Aijucis111, that also means you can't receive any call or sms. That's basically useless.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.