Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C5-03 "not enough memory to perform operation. Del...

Registered Member
nmarquez72

C5-03 "not enough memory to perform operation. Delete some data first "

I get this message when I try to use most applications in my new Nokia C503

"Not enough memory to perform operation. Delete some dada first"

I have 116Kb free in the phone memory and 960Mb in the Memory card. I don't have stored any messages, nor pictures, nor videos in my phone memory.

Browsing with the File manager on the phone memory only see empty folders and some files .dat .cfg. cvs. txt. in the main root .

I would like to uninstall some applications but I don't know how.

Any ideas??

Please HELP!!!

Registered Member
eadrang

Re: C5-03 "not enough memory to perform operation. Delete some data first "

Man! You need read carefully "not enough memory to perform operation. Delete some data first ".

It's "MEMORY" not "space".It's like the "RAM" in your computer,and space is like HDD.

By the way,i think nokia have wrong when say :"Delete some data first " because even you have 40mb free,you still see that notice again.So, the nokia should say "Close some operation first".

I'm from Vietnam,maybe you don't understand what am I saying,but i realy want to help you solve this trouble : just close some operation in standby,it better.If it still not work,it mean have no way to resolve this, because that is all of your cell phone can do.

Contributor
cb2000

I also was conned into getting this phone by vodafone. I have always had Motorola or SE phones before. This phone has only a tiny amount of flash memory and almost anything defeats it. Great that it's free to use OVI maps? No, because the phone crashes as soon as you try to use them. Most useless phone I have ever owned - even the FM radio is pathetic compared with my SE w705. The touch screen is abysmal and the menu organisation incomprehensible. The Symbian OS is ... well, defunct. By their own admission it was rubbish, otherwise why go over to Windows for all future phones. I think the only way of resolving this is to get a new phone as it's fundamentally a poor design.

tbird

I have that problem too with my C5-03. When using gravity (downloaded from Ovi Store) and 1 or 2 more apps, I get the message of memory low, a few seconds later all apps close and I have to start apps again and input data all over again. Nokia should know better that nowadays everything is about apps and apps do need memory. I have other problems with this phone, the USB plug is not working properly and I have to plug and unplug the USB cable a few times when I want to charge the phone or connect with Nokia Ovi Suite, phone OS not updating, etc. I have other issues with this phone but I think that so far I made my point,. I will never buy another Nokia phone again (not even with a huge discount) 

Contributor
cb2000

I ought to add, I've tried very hard with this phone. But the Symbian OS is so locked down it's hard to trim it down so that it actually works. Yes, there are all sorts of hacks out there that could make the phone work better, or possibly turn it into a brick. But why should I with a new phone, still under guarantee. I agree with others that the only sensible thing is to buy either an Android or iphone. The C5-03 is a brilliant example of how to do badly at everything a phone should do. The only slightly acceptable feature is that it's quite good at texts. As I'm not 12 and still at school, this is less important to me as I would prefer to email - a night mare on this phone, possibly because it goes through the "user friendly" nokia server. Usually fails and I have to use Opera Mini  ( the ultra stripped down version - it won't run anything else) and access my yahoo account that way. Nokia deserve to have lost all their market share. Their senior management must be very arrogant. Don't the shareholders ask why they have lost so much business when once they were the leader? Agree by the way about the hardware - the usb socket is cr*p.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

Hi Nmarquez72

If the phone notifies you if the phone memory is getting low. To free phone memory you have the following options:

• Move data that you want to keep to an alternative memory (mass memory or memory card, if available) or to a compatible computer.
  • Remove data you no longer need.

Use File Manager or the respective application in your phone to remove data or to move data to alternative memory as described in the user guide. Typically you first mark files to be removed or moved and then you select the corresponding option (Delete or Move to folder).

Use Nokia Ovi Suite to move data to a compatible computer.

In order to free phone memory, you could remove or move the following:

• Messages from Inbox, Drafts and Sent folders in Messaging
  • Retrieved e-mail messages from the phone memory
  • Saved Web pages. Clear the web browser cache to free some phone memory (e.g. select Options > Clear privacy data > Cache).
  • Saved images, videos, or sound files (in Gallery, Photos, Videos or Music player)
  • Contact information (in Contacts)
  • Calendar notes (in Calendar)
  • Downloaded application packages
  • If there are applications which are not needed any more, uninstall them with Application Manager
  • Any other data that you no longer need

If you are deleting multiple items and any of the following notes are shown: Not enough memory to perform operation. Delete some data first or Memory low. Delete some data, try deleting items one by one (starting from the smallest item). After deleting data, restart (power off/on) your phone.

Tips: Use the memory card or mass memory instead of phone memory in the Camera or other applicable applications in case the selection is available (e.g. via Options > Settings > Memory in use).

I hope this helps!!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Contributor
cb2000

[ Edited ]

This is good advice for the Nokia C5-03. My friend with an iphone (the cheapest basic model) doesn't have to  about like this as he never has the memory problem in the first place. No wonder Nokia has lost all the business. And have you tried deleting the strangely titled files in Symbian? Most of them are locked, and if you unlock them you mess up the OS so half your apps don't work.  Admit it Nokia, yopu up big time with this phone.

Moderators notes: Offensive language removed

subhasis1992

Its pretty much limited featured kinda phone wrt android and all that..

:smileysad::smileymad:

darelljay27

how about if i delete all the file in my cp but still i cant access the net.....Ialready do wat it says in ur message but still i cant access anything....and the worst is I cant go to the web so I can clear the privacy or cache out there...pls need really a help Id been working for almost 3 days about it ut still nothing...hoping a new thing to do from u thanks a lot