Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5-05: How to make charging on USB optional?

Advisor
Kangkan

C5-05: How to make charging on USB optional?

I am using a Nokia C5-05. I use the USB connector frequently to sync or connect to internet from my laptop.

What I observed that the phone battery starts charging as soon as I connect the USB cable. I understand the frequent recharging of the battery will decrease the life expectancy of the battery.

So, is there any option, like the USB mode that pops up when I connect the USB cable, that will allow me to choose whether the charging is to be done or not?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: C5-05: How to make charging on USB optional?

Hey Kangkan, Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

Im afraid it is not possible to prevent the device from charging whilst it is connected through USB.

I hope this clarifies any queries.

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: C5-05: How to make charging on USB optional?

You may also have a look at carman58 's post here ...

Please use plain text.