Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5 - Search Contacts issue

Registered Member

C5 - Search Contacts issue

Hi,

I recently bought Nokia C5-00. Its quite good. But i'm facing some issue with contacts search option.

I have all names in as a lastname(including first name and last name)  in phone memory. When I search the contact with starting letter, it wont display the name according the letter which i enter.

For ex. :  I have contacts like :  My Airtel, My Hutch, Hemanth, Ashok. 

If I press 'A', it shows My Airtel first and then Ashok, its quite ambiguous way. I just checked with Nokia customer care, I did not get resolution for this. 

It is searching whole context name instead of letter starts with.

Thanks

Vish

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Shenoy

Search depends on the settings in     "Options -> Settings -> Name Display".

by default name display would be "Last name First name". so it priority is - It first searches the first letter of 'last name'  and then searches the first letter of 'first name'.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bushbaby3

This makes no difference . I moved 561 contacts that were entered in the last name field to the first name field and it still could not search logically in alphabetic order. What a usless alogarithim this search method is ... at least give the user the option. I had to buy a pay as you go model (Nokia 2730 Clasic) so that I had a phone that was usable.
Please use plain text.
trick2all

hmm,, actually "Options -> Settings -> Name Display". this is not a exact solution,,

welll c5 gave a good option to search easy n smart,,,

i direct say with an example ,

if you want to search 'airtel' then just type '247835'

i mean

a=2

i=4

r=7

t=8

e=3

l=5

its all about when you write T9 english in messeging like the corresponding letter should be type then you get exact search :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
mrogre

Well i am also facing same problem. Please give us any solution to fix it. This search is very rediculaous.

I am waiting for your prompet reply.

Regards

Mohammad Ali

Please use plain text.
mrogre

2nd problem is that it also not showing the Messeage sender name or number completely, Specialy unnamed contact.

Regards

Mohammad Ali

Please use plain text.
Wajdan

Have same problem, not searching complete contacts while sending massage.

it is confirm by Nokia Care centre - Karachi, Pakistan. that this is bug in this model.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bo1e

It looks to me like the phone will always search in the opposite of what you choose to display. If you display first name, last name, it will search in the last name. If you display last name, fist name it will search in the first name. This makes no sense. The logical choice would of course be to search in the first displayed part of the name, not the second. And there is no way to change it. Makes it useless.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Do not think its a Bug...but it is designed to work that way.. Some may like it...some not...

Refer this ... 

Please use plain text.