26-07-2010 0:56 - edited 26-07-2010 1:00
i just bought my first Nokia Phone (C5) and already have a BIG problem with the USB Cable Conection - Error Code 39 shown at "USB Phone Parent" ONLY in PC-Suite-Mode!
In the screenshot you see the yellow exclamation mark on "Nokia C5 USB Phone Parent". So i canot make any USB Cable connection to the Phone. Doesn´t matter if i use Pc Suite (recent version from today) or Ovi Suite (recent version from today).
- Hp Laptop Win Xp Pro Sp3 - FULLY updated!
- Recent "Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver" - today´s version ( 18.104.22.168 ).
What i tried before writing this here:
- Installing Pc Suite - today´s version ( 22.214.171.124 ) > NO USB connection
- Installing Ovi Suite - today´s version ( Installer 126.96.36.199441 ) > NO USB connection
- Deinstalling both, using "Nokia PC Suite Cleaner", deleting ALL Nokia entries in registry, reboot, reinstalling the Cable Driver > NO USB connection
The good thing:
- When i connect the phone to my desktop computer (Win XP without SP3)
> the connection via USB is directly established
- Bluetooth works fine
- Mass-Storage-Mode via USB works fine, but not PC-Suite-Mode!
The bad thing:
I NEED HELP to finally get your phone to work with my standard HP, fully-updated Notebook!
I searched your forums and the web all over and I seem to be not the only person who can not use the Nokia features, like OVI, due to the not-working USB cable driver.
I really appreciate your help with this.
Thanks in anticipation
I have the same problem with C5-00 usb phone parent . My pc is on xp with sp2. Driver version is 7.1.31
I can't install this software, i try every solutions like this and all faults :
Could you fix it or write the good solution.
Hi, I had the same problem. I solved by connecting the USB cable into the back panel. The problem was only when I joined the USB cable to the front panel.
Change the USB port (not in fron panel)
sorry for my bad english
I also had the problem of not been able to connect my C5 to the PC. In one of the discussions I've read it mentioned to switch off the phone, remove the battery and sim. Reassemble and connect to the PC.
It seemed stupid as I have switched my phone off prior. But I've tried it and now my PC can see the phone again.
I think the key is to remove the battery.
Worth a try!