Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5 and PC Suite

Advisor

C5 and PC Suite

I've installed the latest version PC Suite so I can sync my Outlook calendar with the C5 having always used this facility with the 6300 I had previously. Sadly, the C5 and the computer aren't recognising each other when I try to pair them. I have the bt on, hidden after 60 minutes but I've not changed anything else.

Am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
GermanOffice

Re: C5 and PC Suite = Not synching phone numbers while synching everything else

This is insane. My C5 has that stupid Ovi software on it that doesn't work and even Nokia support people tell me to never use on my PC or laptop. You see, Ovi was invented for people who never need to update their contacts and synch the updates with more than one computer. Duh. Like there isn't such thing as a businessman who doesn't have a work PC and a laptop. The Nokia guy who called me thought it was normal to just say "Don't use Ovi if you're a businessman".

Anyway, neither Ovi on the desktop nor PC Suite is transferring the phone numbers of my records even though they transfer everything else. What the heck????

How do I delete Ovi on my C5 and install PC Suite? Or something that will take the phone numbers of my contacts?

I mean...am I the only one in the world who cares about Ovi on the phone not bothering to keep the phone numbers of contact records?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I have both Ovi Suite and PC Suite on my PC. both are working fine.

@German - I am not sure I understand you, what exactly are the records you are trying to keep? Call records? Text messages?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kaych

I think he's hitting a sync problem when _more than 1_ computers try to sync contacts with his phone (at different times though).

That confuses the phone's software or OVI/PC suite and it's refusing to sync his contacts thinking they are already in sync.
Please use plain text.
GermanOffice

I found the problem:

PC Suite and Ovi do not like phone numbers that have periods in them

Huge American data sites like Jigsaw always provide phone number data with periods instead of hyphens

This I consider a bug. But at least I know what the problem is now. You can delete the thread if you want (or edit it)

Please use plain text.
akbardawi

[ Edited ]

I have same problem with text messages,

I am using Nokia PC Suite, two mobile (Nokia E6 and Nokia C5) are configured in my Nokia PC suite, daily I am synchronizing messages from both mobiles with Nokia PC Suite, from Nokia C5 more than 20,000 text messages is configured automatically, now Synchronization is not working only C5 but E6 synchronization is all right. Somebody help me.

GermanOffice wrote:

This is insane. My C5 has that stupid Ovi software on it that doesn't work and even Nokia support people tell me to never use on my PC or laptop. You see, Ovi was invented for people who never need to update their contacts and synch the updates with more than one computer. Duh. Like there isn't such thing as a businessman who doesn't have a work PC and a laptop. The Nokia guy who called me thought it was normal to just say "Don't use Ovi if you're a businessman".

Anyway, neither Ovi on the desktop nor PC Suite is transferring the phone numbers of my records even though they transfer everything else. What the heck????

How do I delete Ovi on my C5 and install PC Suite? Or something that will take the phone numbers of my contacts?

I mean...am I the only one in the world who cares about Ovi on the phone not bothering to keep the phone numbers of contact records?

Moderator's note: We edited the post and removed multiple quotes. Quoting once is enough for the community to identify and understand the concern.

Please use plain text.