Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5 memory full problem

lynadias

C5 memory full problem

my C5 phone is giving me alot of trouble, i cannot check my contacts, cant send messages, cant open the web browser, cant open the gallery and cant use the applications that i have downloaded.

everytime i click on the above mentioned options it says, "memory full cannot perform the operation delete some data first" and when i check the phone memory it says-

memory in use-68 MB

free memory-0 b

calander-411 B

contacts-25 KB

messages-175 KB

documents-939b

MIDP apps-2159kb

SIS application 473 kb

other files-66 Mb

but in my phone memory i only have few messages and some contacts i do not understand what is MIDP apps, SIS application and Other files-i dont know how do i clear these files.

pls help me i'l be relly very thankfull to you all...

thanks in advance.... :-)

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Hello @lynadias,

Is there anything you can do with your phone?

If you can access to menu (be patient, it can take a while),

remove all apps you may have installed to your phone.

Don't care about any apps now, just get rid off them.

If this helps and your phone recovers to at least somehow

usable, make a backup of it. Then you should check that you 

have latest software (in both Ovi Suite and your phone).

Getting this far, please send a new post and I or some of our fellow

members will tell you what else is good to do and, as you may guess, 

what apps are worth reinstalling.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
lynadias

i cant use my phone... nothin can be seen on the home pahe except for the wall paper and battery and netwrk.... cant see even if sum1 calls and cant hear it ring too... but the person calling can hear the ring..... i don knw wat to do... wat is the prob????????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
karthik21

do this first,,,,,,,,, *#7370#     this ll solve your prob... then update the firmware......

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Yes, it seems you don't have much a choice here. You could first try

dialing *#7780#, it is lighter version reseting your phone and if it doesn't

help, dial *#7370#.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pampoen

I have been having the exact same problem with my phone for months now. And I keep deleting apps and messages and photos to no avail.

Please help before i smash this useless phone with a hammer!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bld62

Would not work at first as memory left was 0kb

I had to connect the phone to pc to delete some items (lucky I had a small photo on phone memory to delete), then the full reset code *#7370#  code 12345, also have put in netqin so fingers crossed, only have 9mb of phone memory :-(  I have c5-06

Thank you for the info to sort out my phone. I got 3 of them for our family on a 2 yr contract. So not happy at all :-(  Man in shop said it was updated version on music express one that my hubby has had a few years now, I think from now on - Dont listen to salesman in shop...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bld62

Oh just to confirm all 3 phones have the same problem.

Not happy Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bld62

Just seen on this model its a C5-03
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amhfreudenberg

This is legitimate. Service technicians waste of time. Thanks, this was a lifesaver!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
USMANHEART

Other files are your browsing web caches. You dont have need to format your mobile. This is very simple problem. You just try the following stepr.

1) open your mobile's original web browser
2) go to settings
3) go to privacy settings
4) select 'clear privacy data'
5) select 'clear cache'
6) press ok now check your memory
Please use plain text.
nattyadonis

have you got your phone fixed?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
USMANHEART

i know my solution will fix that problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ConradCiobanica

Hi *,

The issue is caused by multiple updates to the software:

Nokia Market - press C and delete it (it will delete the new updates and maintain the factory version): this will remove 5/5 MB of phone memory;

Nokia Maps - press C and delete it (same as above): it will remove 10MB of phone memory;

Delete the browser cache -> open browser -> menu-> clear privacy->All: this will delete around 4 MB of phone memory;

Check if you have any media (remove SD card and check media apps): if you have something just delete it.

Remove any third party apps that you are not use or use them rarely: keep, facebook, hi5, etc.

These steps will clear up the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pd_yamba

Have C5_00 with Memory Full - please delete applications problem but phone is frozen so it is not possible to activate anything to delete anything. Pressing any key brings up a further message "Phone Start-up failed. Contact the retailer". Retailer is Optus (in Australia) but reaction was Phone out of Warranty so can't do anything - need to buy a new phone handset (and replacement C5-00 from Optus is $250).

Phone is not recognised by latest version of Nokia/Ovi Suite when connected to PC. It simply keeps asking for a phone to be connected. So can't fix anything by going through the PC connection either.

Very not happy Nokia - any suggestions for some sort of reset would be appreciated bearing in mind that keypad is not operable.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
micke123

Me too have Same Problem with u
I have 3000mb++
And I CANT download or on any app
Please use plain text.
dendrocalamus

Problem was not solved, i have the same problem...

1. Our phones cant make any operations beside calling

2. you can't delete any apps/data/broswer chacke, because your phone simply isnt working.

I still havent found a sloution.

Please use plain text.