Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5 phone memory loss

Advisor
Mattco

C5 phone memory loss

I've had my phone's memory slowly go down to 3 or 4 mb. I don't have any apps installed other than what came on the phone, I've already done a hard reset and the problem went away for a couple of weeks and now it is back. I store my messages on the memory card so I don't think that is the problem. So far I like the phone but I am frustrated by these simple issues that aren't getting fixed in a timely manner. Nokia has been making phones for years, this isn't their first time around the block and to have all of these issues on what is a fairly simple phone with an OLD operating system is disgraceful.

Please use plain text.
Professor

Messages may be stored on Card, but what about emails? if you are heavy email user then you might have filled C-Drive.

Other culprit is Browser cache.

What does file manager memory details function report?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kavikkal

get rid of C5, it will be a permenant trouble...:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mattco

I don't consider myself a heavy email user, but even so, how can I store emails on the memory card and not the phone? How do I access the memory details function? I cleared my browser cache today and only gained a small amount of space. I've deleted most of my emails as well, there are 8 or 9 left. As of right now I have 6mb free.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mattco

Getting rid of my phone isn't an acceptable solution. I'd be happy to give it back to nokia if they would refund my purchase price.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
joyfeal

Hi All,

When it comes to C5, it should have at least around 50MB of Internal Memory. That is of course aside of any installation made to it by Nokia or the User. To check the Memory details, follow the steps below:

Menu>>Options>>Memory details or Details>>Phone Memory.

or

Menu>>Application>>Office>>File Manager>>Phone Memory>>Options>>Details

When you select Details, it will give you a list of all the things that consumes your Phone Memory. You can then identify what is consuming the most and rectify it. But to give you a piece of advise, with S60 phones, whether C,X,E or N series, users have a lot of capabilities and tend to install many things on the phone but also forget that these phone can take memory cards up to 16GB. Transferring things from the phone memory to the memory card is the best option to solve memory issues. As for the emails, settings it up under the memory card is not an option.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mattco

Thank you for the steps. My phone has 49MB in use under "other files". I have no applications installed. Not being able to store emails on the memory card seems like a large oversight.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mattco

I deleted my mailbox today and I have 15mb of free space, with 40mb still being used under "other files".

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
san_india_c5

Try a file browser like X-plore 1.51 , browse all the hidden files in your phone mem, find the culprits n eliminate them.

Hit the STAR, if this is helpful

Nokia C5, 6303i
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mattco

Did that, wasn't able to find anything that seemed like it didnt' belong. I've got no messages in my mailbox and only have 8mb free. I have no applications installed. I cleared my browser cache and now have 10mb free, there are still 45mb locked up in "Other Files" SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THESE PHONES.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kaych

If you are running out of memory, try a software update to 032.010 . Maybe there's some leak fixed in it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mattco

Already updated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tom735

I have the same problem, I have only 7MB free space.

Does the software update solve the problem?

Please use plain text.
prakh001

i bought nokia c5 about 2 months ago....and i am facing the same problem.phone memory gets automatically filled up.i updated phone software also.i have not installed any application in phone memory but even then it gets filled up automatically.phone memory details shows a large amount of memory occupied under others.i have been to nokia care centre for about 5-6 times till date.everytime they formated my phone and gave it back.they even dismantled which left some scratches and gap in my handset's sides.then they sent it to headquarters in delhi from where i got it back after 10 days. i got my handset back on 3rd october and still i am facing same phone memory problem .also i am unable to view phone memory folder when i connect my mobile  to pc.also i tried formatting my micro sd card that came preinstalled in c5 but it is write protected.

please nokia either solve problem or replace the handset.

Please use plain text.
prakh001

no i doesn't help.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mattco

I would like to know if Nokia is aware of the problem and is working on the issue.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
joeaperson

Yeah. I'd really like to know if Nokia working on the issue, too.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mattco

Admin, do you know anything about this issue? Is Nokia aware of it and working on it? When is there going to be a new firmware update?

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

try netqin mobile manager,
You can download for free from ovistore.
In file manager everything is visible with this apps
Please use plain text.
prakh001

admin plz take necessary action as soon as possible...

Please use plain text.