Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C5 problem with creating new mailbox (Gmail)

eggoide

C5 problem with creating new mailbox (Gmail)

Hi, does anyone know a solution?

I have brand new C5, when I want to set up new Gamil mailbox, it connects to Gmail, then shows empty mailbox for a second and then falls back to Settings stating that I need to set new mailbox. It never completes the process. I tried reinstalling the firmware with no luck.

Thank you for any hints!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yetanothername

Re: C5 problem with creating new mailbox (Gmail)

I also get this problem with any email account but nobody here seems to have an answers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Are you using Nokia Messaging, the Messaging app, or Mail for Exchange? The Messaging app is the one used for SMS as well, while the other two may or may not be preinstalled on the phone.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Harsha_Raj

I too have an email problem. Forgot to mention it earlier.

What happens is, i got to the the email application which is inbuilt in my C5. Then i select "New mailb.">start> (it will say preparing for setup) after that the "E" thing will come next to my network indicator and i will be shown the next screen with all the email providers like ovi mail, yahoo, gmail and all. Then i select "Gmail"> type my email and pass > then sometime it will say "detecting settings or something" and most of the time it does nothing but shows me the email providers list again! It just does not go to the next screen to define the email!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kaych

This isn't a C5 specific issue. Messaging is having problems. Try some of the workarounds here :

/t5/Messaging-Email-and-Browsing/Nokia-Messaging-Password-Problem/td-p/725137/page/3

They worked for me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yes i know da best solution...plese move ur gprs settings to internet folder from uncatagerised folder....then it wll solve ur many problems...
Please use plain text.