Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5 software version 032.010 - anyone tried it ...

Sage
vampiro_1306

Re: C5 software version 032.010 - anyone tried it yet ?

i agree you are frustrated bro, we are also in the same situation...but as sad earlier, apart from waiting and waiting and waiting, we cannot do anything...

Nokia C5 -- software version 32.010
Nokia 5310
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

stop double posting false comments nobody here is paid to say anything ,how many times does it take to understand there is nothing anybody can do until nokia release the new firmware and that it .

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
indika007

When I transfer music from PC and playback, the phone will restart. When I switch on again I can listen all the music. Each time when I transfer music and refresh the library the device will switch off. Sometimes in the middle of the song which is playing on the music player gets stuck and switch off .

Please make a new software update for this issue.

Please use plain text.
hugar

Hi Nokia,

My mobile got screwed up. The problem has gotten worser.

Menu option is not working. click on any button other than Navigation button, it will restart. From yesterday night it has restarted more than 50 times. Thought of going to Nokia care center. But after reading the review comments in net regarding Nokia centers, now I am scared  even to go there.

What the heck is going on in NOKIA. You are screwing up urself and us too.

Bring in immediate action on Nokia Care Center personnel. Some of the reviews listed below about care centers. Nokia give me garuntee that my phone will not be ruined further after going to your so called CARE CENTER. these comments are written on different care centers in Bangalore. Its the same treatment everywhere in bangalore.

Most worst service care centre
If you want - 1.To get your handset screwed up Go there. (They just do hit and trial. I went as system clock was slow. For that they upgraded the software(?????) and result was that few touch screen icons stopped working - including reciving call icon. Then they sent Delhi. The result is ZERO. As of today also system clock is slow. 2.Not ony that- I had 80 songs when I bought it. After software snstallation, songs stopped playing due to licensing issue. Center person says that they can't do anything. 3.If you want have more time to kill Go there (as they will ask you to come many times) 4.If you want your money to be wasted Go there (they gave me standby with full of viruses and that resulted in sending automatic MMS to all my contacts. I had to pay more than 150 rupees to Airtel and no one from Nokia is ready to take responsibility or no accountability) The people over there were just laughing on this incidence. 5.There manager is never available.

My N 82, which is supposed to be a rellay good phone has been totally wrecked by these people, thoroughly incompetent and absolutely no integrity‎

worstest service
i gave my cell to repair only because '2' keypad was not working and when i got back, not even 1 kepad is working.they hav corrupted even the joystick and formatted the cell. i dont understand why the hell they formated cell to just replace keypad

Nokia Care the worst experience
Yes, I second all the reviews given here. Its the worst service you can ever expect. They took 10 days to get back to me and made me wait for another 20 days, saying they are doing this, they are doing that, changing this and that. And at last the worst part is they gave me back the cell saying that its not repairable. NOKIA guys, if you seeing these reviews better take care of your reputation. Otherwise itself you are facing diminishing market space.... I have made my mind never to buy NOKIA anymore, and will do so to persuade all my friends and family members

Its WORST, NOKIA Harrasing Center
They were suppose to give my mobile after repair the very next day but its been more than 13 days I haven't got my mobile. It was just a replacement of a part and they kept on postponing me by there fake stories. Staff is also rude, they disconnected my phone twice when I asked that why they are doing like this. Please don't visit this Nokia Center or they will make you cry..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kaych

You' re ,ore or less right about nokia care centres in Bangalore, although your language is a bit unbecoming.

I think the problem is two fold:
- Lack of training. The staff is mostly clueless about technology so they cannot troubleshoot logically.

- Lack of consumer protection laws in India. Strictly speaking, our laws are not as strict as west. So although nokia care may be outright unethical, they are on the right side of law.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

@hugar
contact nokia direct here

http://europe.nokia.com/support/contact-us

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sreek

Hi Jakivi,

Would appreciate if you can include the following also in the update coming up:

(1) In Calendar, pl include the week number also. It used to be there in S40 Phones at the top right corner of calendar. This was quite useful as we used to schedule our works on weekly basis and put the deadline for each work as Week 23, Week 30 etc etc.

I used to use this feature of S40 phones for scheduling. Now its not possible despite C5-00 a semi-smartphone and supposed to be superior to S40 interface.

(2) I also miss the scientific calculator which was there in my earlier S40 Phone(7210 Supernova). We use it frequently at worksites. Its convenient and need not take bulky scintific calculators to worksite.

Please use plain text.
Sage
flomar

Is it only the speaker on the back that is affected? I don`t know how it was before the update, my speakers seem to be fine, but the handsets earpiece seems to have a very limited sound. When being in a loud environment I sometimes have troubles understanding the call partner.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakivi

@ sreek,

Thanks for your feedback. S40 and S60 are different platforms and therefore the user interface and applications are somewhat different. Unfortunately at the moment it seems unlikely that there will be changes made to calendar or calculator application in future sw releases for C5-00.

I’m not sure didi I understand your issue correctly but in C5-00 calendar there is week number shown at month and week view (at week view user can choose from Options -> Settings -> Title of week view whether the week number or duration is shown at the top left corner).

There are some calculators available at Ovi store which might be suitable for you. Just write calculator into search field to find some.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sreek

Thanks Jakivi for the response.  Seeing response from responsible people make customers more brand loyal. Keep it up!!!!

Yep. Saw some calculator applications in Ovi Store. I wish nokia incorporate a scientific calculator by default in S60 phones. 

Regarding the calendar- i have only 4 choices in the options-settings-<Calendar Alarm Tone>, <Alarm snooze time>, <default view>(tried all options), <week starts on>. Couldn't find the week number. Anyways i've bought the phone, shall be contended. Its ok.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
indika007

Hello Jakivi

It's true. Don't know why I update my C5 to version 032.010.......... Now the speaker volume is too low... 031.022 is better (Old version) even cannot rollback. Now I don't even see Hi5, Youtube and Friendster applications also. Only Facebook and other applications. Nothing look different. Even the performance...  One game also missing. Please make an update immediately.

Please use plain text.
JesCarol

Where is the solution? Why the continuous delay? You ask to wait and wait and wait.... UNTIL WHEN???? Nokia is absolute nonsense...

Please use plain text.
shashankagrawal

i am also having the same problem of reduced volume of speakers.do someone know how restore the software to the previous version

Please use plain text.
junnyz

@shashankagrawal...... you can't downgrade the phone's software... the only solution is to wait the next firmware release from Nokia (hope it will be soon)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
crashtest

[ Edited ]

>>I understand that a low volume is needed for Europe or usa where streets and public transport are not as noisy.
>>Hi, i updated the firmware but the processor speed shows only 197MHz compared to the 600

The very same problem of too silent GPS-navigation voice is concerning us in Europe too.

What's the processor speed indeed in this device? Hardly that 600 Mhz mentioned here?

Right now I am lost with the Nokia menu again.. . where to find the firmware version and firmware update?  I found those earlier but right now can't find... damn

I think I already have that 032.010 and waiting for the new Firmware version to get skyfire web browser  for its better support for flash video sites like veoh.com

Nokia GPS may not work as well as standard Car navigators do and if this device is not capable of showing all  flash videos, I do not have much use of  it. To call this devise smart phone is not very wise from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
armani913

HEY JAKIVI

Why is it takin such a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy long time for NOKIA to release the software and fix the issues?????

Atleast tell us when it ll be ready!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
armani913

We have been really waiting for a long time now......

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iosula

The new nokia phone is low class . My nokia C5 have big big problems.

ALL WE NEED BEST FIRMWARE . PLZ HELP US.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakivi

Unfortunately I don’t have any date to give but typically bigger software updates are released in 3-4 month periods so I hope it won’t take too long anymore before a new software will be available for C5-00.

Please use plain text.
tomx

Hi !

Great phone, but shame for Nokia to have such great hardware and superior Symbian but such primitive UI at the same time ... at least comparable to S40.

I have a feeling that SW is written somewhere in fareast as well...

Few most annoying:

-try to change data in address book (nightmare to reach "edit")

-selecting address to send SMS (no "last used" anymore)

-send photo over MMS - terrible to reach picture resize

-reach some data while phone conversation (beside address book)

-how to reach already opened apps (like web browser) - no info about

-strange Ovi maps menues

Hey Nokia, wake up, in time of iPhone and Androids you even made a step backward at user convenience !

Please use plain text.