Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C6-00 WLAN connectivity (could be a software side ...

Sage
h3csc

C6-00 WLAN connectivity (could be a software side issue!)

[ Edited ]

Well, I bet most of the C6-00 user knew that C6 has a very bad WiFi reception, but from what I've seen it is a software side issue that could be addressed if Nokia want to.

My C6-00, like any other, has terrible WiFI reception. I can connect well in my house with some occasional disconnection from my router. Sometimes it won't should up in the WLAN network screen and I have to key in the connection name manually. While on public Wifi (McDonald, Starbucks), the connection to the network will probably dropped after a few second, this is very bad and almost render the WLAN useless.

However, I do noticed that is might be related to software issue. Most of the time when I experienced a dropped WLAN network is when/after:

- Slide out the hardware QWERTY keyboard

- Turn the phone landscape using the accelerometer

- Turn the phone back to portrait mode

80% of the time when I experienced a drop WiFi or poor WiFi reception is when I done the following stuff. The manual stated that the antenna is located at the top and bottom (portrait) or left and right (landscape) of the handset. Not sure if this is the factor because normally both of my hand will cover these spot on landscape mode. I do try to keep my hand away from both end of the handset when I experiencing WiFi reception issue, but no luck.

I hope that someone from Nokia would see this post, investigate it and address the issue in future firmware update.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bRyANthen

Re: C6-00 WLAN connectivity (could be a software side issue!)

Facing those problems too. Mine included LOW GPS signal, it just goes empty bar. Do you have solution for low signal of Wifi already?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mynrgee

You might have a hardware issue. I had my c6 for 4 months never had wi-fi problem. In fact I am really impressed with wi-fi connectivity. I can walk down the street and access peoples unsecured broadbands quite happily. Even sat on the train the other day and accessed the free wi-fi hotspot provided.
Please use plain text.
Sage
h3csc

I'm not alone in this issue.
It's happening occasionally and not all the time. Mostly when I slide out the keyboard so I bet there is something with the software.
Please use plain text.