Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C6-01 does not work skype and fring

ngongito

C6-01 does not work skype and fring

I just recently bought a C6-01 to replace my old E66.  I installed skype and fring from Ovi Store.  Voice calls from skype and fring are not working at all.  Skype voice calls are displaying "skype call failed" while fring voice calls are hanging the phone totally.   Chat sessions from skype and fring are working though.  I tried re-installing it from skype and fring websites but still has the same problem.  Re-installed it again from Ovi Store and still with the same problems.  I checked if there is any available software update on the C6-01 online but none available.

This must be a Nokia problem as it happens both on Skype and Fring applications.  I have been using these 2 applications on my other S60 Nokia phones and it works ok.  Nokia's software quality on newly released models seem to be deteriorating.  This is truly a bad reputation on Nokia considering all logged problems/issues in this forum.  It is just a matter of one person posting all these on Facebook.  I wonder if Nokia intends to compete with iPhones and Samsung smart phones.  Not to mention that Android phones are becoming to be popular now.  I hope Nokia will fix these problems quickly or these will definitely affect their sales.

Please use plain text.
ngongito

Re: C6-01 does not work with skype and fring + SMS problem when stuck in Outbox folder

Today I discovered a new problem on the C6-01.  I sent a SMS to a bunch of numbers.  One of the recipient has an invalid number and the SMS was kept in the outbox.  There were NO options of moving the message from the outbox to the DRAFT folder, neither deleting the message from the outbox folder.  I could not even re-open the message in the outbox folder at all.  The message is just stuck there.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
consalvo

Re: C6-01 does not work skype and fring

Exactely same problem with my C6-01 and Skype.
Problem is common as you can see from various forums , for instance on skype.com and similar.
My phone has latest software release of both Skype and Nokia installed, but it's still not possible to do / answer voice-calls by Skype (tried Fring also with same effect).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
consalvo

Resolved as far as normal voice-calls are concerned : there's a NOKIA software-update available since yesterday which allows Skype to work fine with C6-01 (Symbian^3) also. Still no video-calls possible, while FRING released a new version this week which enables video-calls on named mobile.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Snaker

What update do you mean? Can you give link to this update?
I've installed new firmware v14.002 and then hard reset and install Skype.
But I still can't make voice call in Skype.

Anybody else can make voice calls with Skype?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
katy123

when you check skype's website and view the symbian phones that caters the skype app, you won't find c6-01. but in ovi, it says that it is compatible and that you can actually install in on your phone. i installed it on my c6-01 but when i make a skype-skype call from my phone, the person i'm calling didn't receive any call. it's plain frustrating

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Skype video calling is not yet supported on symbian^3 .....skype voice calls works perfect though
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Snaker

As I wrote above, I still can't make voice call. Even on Sound Test Service.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paolozzz

Hello,

where do you found skype for downloading? Presentli neither in ovi store nor in skype website there is the possibility to download skype program for nokia c6-01

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joyxaviour

NOKIA C6-01 says it is a Smart Phone, but it will never alow Skype on it, and even we can;t find the skype download link in OVI Store.

What is it??

Please use plain text.
rahul400780

i m using c6-01 last 3 month. I m suffring many problem in this phone NIMBUZZ, FRING, SKYPE does not work. these software install easly but when using then phone totly hang and last it battery backup is very poor.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Fring is not supported for symbian Anna or yet to be released belle... So if you guys have done the firmware update to Anna, then Fring won't work.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
baqar786

Buddy i have being FRing on my NOkia c6-01 and i called my frnd who is on FRING and we have done Video chat it was perfect but ur connection shud be on Wi-fi or 3G.

Please try to download app from Fring offcial website inspite downloading from nokia store.

Same follows on Skype both apps are working fine on NOKIA C6-01.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vkunwar

Re: C6-01 does not work skype and fring-NO VIDEO CALL IN NO KIA

HI

I have Nokia C6-01.

tryed all software and search in internet, but still not found video calling software for NOKIA.

When it will upgrade its service?

Samsung giving all up to date software in Anroid but Nokia is Just Watching show to go it share down.

NO IMPROVEMNET IN ITS SERVICE....

NO VIDEO CALL SUPPORTING SOFTWARE

ngongito wrote:

I just recently bought a C6-01 to replace my old E66.  I installed skype and fring from Ovi Store.  Voice calls from skype and fring are not working at all.  Skype voice calls are displaying "skype call failed" while fring voice calls are hanging the phone totally.   Chat sessions from skype and fring are working though.  I tried re-installing it from skype and fring websites but still has the same problem.  Re-installed it again from Ovi Store and still with the same problems.  I checked if there is any available software update on the C6-01 online but none available.

This must be a Nokia problem as it happens both on Skype and Fring applications.  I have been using these 2 applications on my other S60 Nokia phones and it works ok.  Nokia's software quality on newly released models seem to be deteriorating.  This is truly a bad reputation on Nokia considering all logged problems/issues in this forum.  It is just a matter of one person posting all these on Facebook.  I wonder if Nokia intends to compete with iPhones and Samsung smart phones.  Not to mention that Android phones are becoming to be popular now.  I hope Nokia will fix these problems quickly or these will definitely affect their sales.

Please use plain text.