Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C6-01 ear/screen sensor

Advisor
antongarden
Accepted Solution

C6-01 ear/screen sensor

hi 

i do have a nokia C6-01 and quite happy with it. 

The current problem which is annoying me is, that the sensor which disables the touch screen when answering a phone call is not working properly. 

1) when someone calls me the scren becomes black and it does not show the name of the person who is calling me.

2) when an alarm becomes active i cannot switch it off cos the screen becomes black. Sometimes i have to rub with a cloth the sensor found in the upper left corner, so the screen  becomes visible and than i can switch of the alarm.

3) Also when i call someone and has a  choice of extension numbers to contact the right extension or number (example : press one for .... press two for .... or press 3 for ....) ; i cannot do this becuase the screen remains black and i cannot select the keypad.

could you pleasee tell me if this is a fault  form the sensor ? 

thanks antongarden

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have you fixed any Screen / Scratch guard which is covering the Sensor ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
antongarden

yes recently i changes the thin transparent screen protection ! 

do you think its the fault ?

what should i do pls ?

thanks again 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Make sure it is NOT covering the Sensor.. If it is then do not try to cut it with it being partialy on the screen. You may damage the screen. Best is to get another one.Confirm before fixing that it does not cover the sensor ...

Please use plain text.
nrvp

yes
Please use plain text.
nrvp

transparent screen was removed and checked by nokia care centre, but not responding
Please use plain text.