Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C6 Memory Full

Registered Member
chasg
Accepted Solution

C6 Memory Full

I purchased the C6 yesterday and it has been a big disappointment. The phone freezes continually after a few minutes with error message "Memory Full".  I have tried updating the software using Software Updater but the PC does not recognise the phone. I have tried applying factory settings but I get a message that they cannot be applied while applications are running, even if I do this immediately at start up. Start up is very slow as well.

I cannot connect to a PC, or to my other phone by BT, change settings, connect to WLAN.

This is very frustrating and disappointing. Has anyone else experience this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kelsonlks

Re: C6 Memory Full

i experienced this too, below is the steps i solve this problem.

1. switch off and switch on the phone again.

2. in the idle mode, use the dialer, key in *#7370#, this will perform a soft format.

3. key in security code, default would be 12345.

4. the phone's screen will be blank for a few minutes and restart.

5. all data will be cleared during this process, don't remove the battery during the process.

6. after the phone restart, you can use your phone again.

p/s: I don't think you can perform backup before the soft format since the phone will froze after few second switched on. so just perform the soft format after switched on.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chasg

Thank you very much. Tried this and it worked. I had tried before but not immediately after startup.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kelsonlks

you're welcome. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rgfdfgqs

I have the same problem i am from belgium and I don't understand the solution what should I do?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem right out of the box. The phone was absolutely unusable - memory full messages within few seconds of using.

I'm used that Nokia releases pre-alpha versions of firmware but mine was SO UNSTABLE that I couldn't even run firmware update.

At the end I performed RESET (*#7370#) , immediately connected to PC (OVI Suite) and finally succeeded FW update.

Quite disappointed. The phone was NOT branded and bought from Nokia Partner.

MP

Please use plain text.
picturesbyme

Same thing here.

Total UNUSABLE phone for $$$$$$.

Good job Nokia!:smileywink:

I will try the format.

I tried the restore factory setting but that did nothing. 

Please use plain text.
picturesbyme

I did it again.

After the reset it only took half an hour to connect as pc suit didn't recognized the phone.

About an other half an hour and I was able to update the phone's software.

From there the phone is more stable and "only" freezes when I slide it open and push a button.

It's a halfbaked phone. Full with bugs. Came with 2gb, a cheap **bleep** headset and on top of these it doesn't even work.... 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakke

[ Edited ]

picturesbyme wrote:

I did it again.

After the reset it only took half an hour to connect as pc suit didn't recognized the phone.

About an other half an hour and I was able to update the phone's software.

From there the phone is more stable and "only" freezes when I slide it open and push a button.

It's a halfbaked phone. Full with bugs. Came with 2gb, a cheap **bleep** headset and on top of these it doesn't even work.... 

@picturesbyme

Please take your phone to the nearest Nokia Care Point for further inspection. Another option is to wait for the sw update which should fix qwerty keyboard issue. Please check the post from other topic in this board:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C6-00-Keyboard-Response-to-Text-Causes-System-Freeze-...

You can find nearest Nokia Care point from here:
http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Please use plain text.
sschung722

I think Nokia owes the consumer a good answer for launching an unusable phone in this strongly competitive "dumb" phone market. It is nearly universally occurring in all the buyers of the C6-00 phone. I know it is not the top of the line product but it still costs us dearly from our stretched pocket. I am disappointed that this problem is not addressed in any review of this phone. This led me to think all of such review is heavily subsidised by the manufacturer that the problem is hidden. I would suggest a global recall of this useless smartphone.

I bought the phone from European market and find this phone totally useless with the samw error message always pop up. The screen and the button is frozen. I try to connect to WiFi or PC. For all types of window PC from XP, vista, window7 and all failed to connect. I go to web site to search for C6 soft ware they always ask you to connect the phone with Ovi or PC suite! Come on, how can I put the horse and cart question to be solved. Without recognising the phone, I cannot connect with Ovi.

Not solving this issue, I will suggest every user to vote by foot to go to another smartphone market. We should not think they can launch C6-01 just to put C6-00 in tomb. I think all the consumer which buy c6-00 has suffer frustration, lost of time, lost of data and feeling of totally be cheated.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Sorry I noticed this thread so late.

This issue is something which happens very rarely during first boot. Unfortunately I can't release any details of the issue (as usual), but I can give BIG thanks to the people who posted this issue on these forums and raised it to our attention. Thanks to you, we were able to identify the problem and provide a fix which is in 11.0.029 SW release.

In any case, if you encounter "Memory full" error message after first bootup, then the problem can simply be solved by resetting the device to factory settings (*#7370# on home screen => 12345 (default lock code). Like I said, this is a very rare, but unfortunate issue, so chances of seeing this problem again are close to zero. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cyberscraze

Im from India, and bought this C6 on 11th Oct,..in the first week I din't face any singl e issue...but from yesterday true nature of the phone started happening.
Here are the issues I'm facing now-
*whenever I download any software from Ovi store while installing it the screen flashes a second then restarts.
*if i listen music in the background & browse Opera mini at the same time it restarts again.
*when i try to visit some stations in Nokia online radio, it happens again.
*when I activate email app Emoze in the background & browse internet.
*sometime when I open medium size ebook with Adobe Reader it is same & last
*if i even open Facebook with default web browser, & visit full desktop version.

I even did a hard reset once, then soft reset again...but issue is repeating again & again. At same time my friend is using N97 mini without any issues. So I'm ashamed of buying this junk phone, and planning to wait to buy Samsung corby after selling this model. I shall warn others who wish to buy newly this C6 so that they will not face problems like me.

Please help me out if anyone has ideas.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cyberscraze

Sorry I forgot to mention that it sometimes restart when I browse internet with the battery charging. So it is very worse from a branded handset manufacturer like Nokia,...now I'm feeling that I did a serious mistake of buying this with overexcitement.
Please use plain text.
Subashpathak

My mobile phone memory is gone too low i deleted everything but i can't get it back please help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vitttupaa

Are you **bleep**ing kidding me with this phone? Straight out of the package and memory full? What a joke, just like the company these days.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juliet25

i've been experiencing the same problem.. i purchase nokia C6-00 2 days ago and taken a few pictures.. whenever i open the picture viewer im always getting a message "memory full delete some data" to think that there is still 1G left and also is it normal that even if the phone is locked the menu button keeps on flashing??? pls help..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Yaduvanshi

okay, i think i've firm reason to believe you've not used symbian before...the handset you are using has 128 MB of RAM, out of which i think 60-70 MB is in continuous use by background processes. The rest you get for running applications. The mem.full error in your case is the RAM full error. Run less apps and your problem is solved. Long press the menu button, this will open a list of running apps. Long touch on any icon will show a list, from this list select close app. Run minimum apps, this will avoid mem.full.errors as well as conserve battery life.
2.the menu button flashing is a method to tell you that your cell is on. It is called breathing light. It also serves the purpose of alerting you of missed calls or new msgs by blinking rapidly. If you still want to close it, go to menu, settings, notification lights and select your choice.
And its a request, i am a loyal nokia customer and a happy C6 user. Please read the small intro book that comes with the phone, if you had done so, i wouldn't have to type this on my c6 to defend it. Hope this helps....
Please use plain text.
LuV2SPD

I guess out of hundreds of NOKIA C6 users you are the only lucky one. I dont mean to sound bad but I read so many posts about the phone and 99% of the are very sad people.
Please use plain text.
rey_c6

I have a Nokia C6-00 and yeah I also experience that problem before and my solution is

I installed TaskMan apps on my phone to monitor the memory and force to close some unwanted running application. RAMblow is good but it's not free..

Thanks

Reymark

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajuro

I got to know that Nokia has stooped C6 and would relaunch it after resolving the software problems, is it true?

Please use plain text.