Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C6 WLAN Connection problem..help me!

SLiTh

C6 WLAN Connection problem..help me!

hi..i have a bad problem on my nokia c6..it can detect wlan network but cannot connect to it..before i dont have a problem connecting to wlan but now i cant connect to any wlan anymore...

can anyone help me..i just bought my new wifi router but i cant use it because of this problem..please help me

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

Re: C6 WLAN Connection problem..help me!

ASLiTh,

The issue could be due to the security setting in the router. You may need to change the WEP or WPA key.

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sonik352

nokia c6 is the worst investment made ever...the wifi connection is shown in the list but it never connects to the network...and also the net also keeps on signing in itself without activating it so had to cancel the GPRS connection too.... can some one help i just bought the set recently..

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

sonik352 wrote:

nokia c6 is the worst investment made ever...the wifi connection is shown in the list but it never connects to the network...and also the net also keeps on signing in itself without activating it so had to cancel the GPRS connection too.... can some one help i just bought the set recently..

@sonik352 -

1) Please check your WiFI router, there will be WEP key which needs to be entered in the C6-00 for it to get connected to WLAN. Without this, it would not connect.

2) There are active content in the home screen like facebook which keeps logging to your account to keep the content updated. Hence, your phone will keep activating the GPRS connection. The solution to this is - in the home screen, click Options > Make content offline

Also, ensure that your phone is updated with the latest software ver 20.0.042. You can check version by dialling *#0000# in your phone dial pad.

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
teletype100

The problem I am having with my Nokia C6 is - I see the WiFi network, I enter the WEP key, it is accepted, then nothing. A blank screen with a "Please Wait" message. Loading, loading, loading, nothing. Then an connection error.

Most of the time I cannot connect to ANY WiFi network. My laptop connects all the time to the same networks.My colleagues can connect on their smartphones.

I have the latest firmware on the phone.

Ergo - Nokia C6 is **bleep**?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakke

Define access point manually into Settings / Connectivity / Destinations / Internet / Options / New access point / ... Verify new AP is first on the priority list. (If possible try to disable security options on wlan router and disable also power saving during first tests).

Disabling power saving from phone's advanced wlan settings might help with certain routers: Menu / Settings / Connectivity / WLAN / Options / Settings / Options / Advanced settings / Automatic configuration / Disabled / Power saving / Disabled

FAQ article related to the power saving

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ong123

To Jakke,

What if i'm able to connect to WIFI but it prompt me an "Invalid Server Name" when I'm trying to browser to the internet?. I'm looking for your suggestion.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Please use plain text.
Narcis

Jakke please anwswer. I am having the same "Invalid Server Name" problem. My brother's phone shows the same message when trying to browse the Internet. Please tell us what to do to fix this problem.

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!

Please use plain text.
wizzzard

Jakke you legend!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
viewadil

can anyone tell me where and how to change EAP and WAP settings ?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakke

Open Menu / Settings / Connectivity / Destinations / Internet / <AP name> / WLAN security mode / <mode>

and from "WLAN security settings" you can define security keys.

Add new Access point by going to Menu / Settings / Connectivity / Destinations / Access point

Please use plain text.
raneprasad752

[ Edited ]

sir,

I have been trying to convert my lan connection into wifi hotspot and i have converted it.my mobile detects wifi connetion and it gets connected too but when i open my browser it says error

and once i had connected my mobile to my lan converted wifi but it didnt last for long and got disconnected.

Plz give me ur opinion and i know u r best in this and u have sorted out many such problems and i hope u will try ur best to sort mine too.if possible give me ur suggestion and waiting for ur reply.

Moderator's note: Email address removed. It is not wise to publish your personal information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Subodh18

Tried as per your guidelines. But not working. Phone does not connecting to WLAN. It detects, asks for pre share key. Then nothing. It also does not connect to USB. A day before I had updated its software version from OVI suite.

Soft Ver: 40.0.021

date: 17-05-11

Model: c6-00

Type: RM-612

One more noticeable change. In Music, there is addition of  "Podcast". Now whenever I open music, phone starts seach for "New music & Podcasts". Searching does not stop until phone switch off.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yardy

To Jakke

i disabled the all, what u said about the power saving. but still the internet is not access. im also provide the valid key too... wifi connected but internet is not access. please help me...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mihais17

TXH jakke! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

please help me to connect nokia c6-01 to tikonawifi.I am unable to connect due to improper settings.

plesae jakke reply soon..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vinlovmad

hey my c6 wifi is showing me a unique problem some how its wifi catching strength has reduced at merely 10 feet direct distance from router its shows no wifi 

the problem is in my mobile only becoz my fathers lumia catches wifi at same distance even if i m standing at 2 feet distance then also it shows only two bar strength at the screen  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yojana

Invalid server name
Please use plain text.
RPA1986

Hey fellas, anybody knows how to disable WLAN so that it would NOT restore ? Constant connection kills the battery.

Please help...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Please use plain text.