Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 AMOLED ISSUES

Counsellor
grimmyrippy
Accepted Solution

C7 AMOLED ISSUES

i'm planning to buy nokia c7 but some c7 owners keep saying that there c7 have many many bugs i think there's a 500+ bugs even the latest FW cannot fix it all and the amoled issue of c7 and also the power failure of this phone i think nokia is begin to be blind and deaf in this issue of c7 if the nokia is keep making c7 as an imperfect product they need to stop to produce this unit because many people will suffer and waste their money buying this imperfect and unconditioned product 

IF NOKIA DOESN'T FIX THIS I THINK ALL C7 OWNERS WILL DUMP THIS PHONE

I HOPE NOKIA WILL FIX THIS AMOLED AND OTHER PROBLEM OF THIS PHONE

HOWEVER, THIS PHONE IS ONE OF THE PERFECT PHONE NOKIA EVER CREATED, IT WILL BECOME PERfeCT IF YOU FIX THIS AMOLED PROBLEM

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimmyrippy

i have another news there's a lot of people who are using c7 update there phone from pr 1.0 to pr 1.2 in many case there's a lot of bugs again in this version . . .

i hope nokia release SYMBIAN ANNA and i will observe if many issues and bugs is fix after updating to symbian anna

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

Yes.You are exactly right.If you compare all Nokia Phones C7 stands perfect and distinctly away in Class from other Phone.It has all hardware features including the NFC ( A new Era of mobile Communication ) which None of the Symbian^3 smartphone has.Even it is Just 10.5mm in thickness.it is best of class mobile ever made from Nokia giving all features.Even the newly introduced X7 doesn't has magnetometer,FM transmitter,NFC,2mm charging point,Inbuilt memory ( C7 with 8 GB and can go up to 32GB still.So a total of 40 GB ).Only thing C7 lacks is qwerty keyboard and CB AMOLED.If you need a smartphone from Nokia which satisfies all Your need with wide range of flexibility and fits compact in hand it is Nokia C7.But still after long time of post regarding DISPLAY PURPLE TINT Nokia has not made any official announcement.Soon Nokia has to resolve the issue rather than asking for Display Change in NCC.So if Nokia has to prove it is smartphone leader just make Users satisfied with Wise decision.

Moderator please Don't delete the post.Inform us soon with official statement.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimmyrippy

:smileymad::smileymad:i cant decide!!!!! if i buy c7 or not if i buy this product what if the product i buy have same problem like others have :smileymad::smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Buying a product that you have major doubts about often leads to major disappointment in the future.

The common sense approach is either buy a product that you have less doubts about or don't buy a product until you no longer have doubts about it, for example wait until the C7 is sold with anna preinstalled in your country and with a "perfect" screen, then decide. 

Only you can make this decision and deal with whatever consequences your decision may bring. Neither Nokia or the users of their forum can guarantee that a phone bought now will be perfect in the future. Look at past examples, such as the N97 and see how that is two years on.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimmyrippy

i think selling a perfect screen in the philippines is impossible because even Nokia care center here is making many c7 user like an idiot they replace there amoled and after replacing the screen it get more damage and get more purple tint than before this is not only because i'm planning to buy c7 this is for all c7 user that now suffering from this problem

i get your point that nokia release there unit even it is not perfect to see if many people like their unit

ALL C7 USER WISHES IS TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THIS PHONE IS PERFECT 

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

[ Edited ]
Even after replace of Display. I made a biggest mistake my friends advice me not to go for C7.

But still took wrong decision finally fall in deep pit.

Totally 12 to 15 friends of mine moved to other phones (All Android). They are Enjoying with new phones.

Please do not make wrong decision by going for C7 and you will  really feel very bad :smileysad: 

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. While your feedback is welcome in the discussions board, we encourage users to voice out their concerns in a tone that is respectful to Nokia and other users to maintain a friendly environment. Thank you for understanding.
Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

Have a look on the topic below. N8 has the same 'purple' screen. Nokia is not willing at all to solve the problem!

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/N8-C7-PURPLE-SCREEN-ISSUE-AND-HOW-TO-SPOT-IF-YOU-HAVE-IT-PLEASE/td-p...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimmyrippy

@bear yes your right even n8 have same problem like c7 i think the new models of nokia with amoled has same problem

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimmyrippy

there's a solution to buy a good c7 without amoled issue first set the themes in black and then set your clock in analogue and then lock your phone and press the menu button you will notice immediately the color of the clock is not balance because the color is if it is black then it is black if its blue it should be blue but the other problem cannot be observe immediately you should use your c7 atleast 5 days to see the prolem of  POWER FAILURE

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

grimmyrippy wrote:

there's a solution to buy a good c7 without amoled issue first set the themes in black and then set your clock in analogue and then lock your phone and press the menu button you will notice immediately the color of the clock is not balance because the color is if it is black then it is black if its blue it should be blue but the other problem cannot be observe immediately you should use your c7 atleast 5 days to see the prolem of  POWER FAILURE

The whole device is a failure !!!

even cheap chineese androids are working smoothly with no crashes and restarts

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

Buy C7 once Nokia give official statement.Till then just wait.......Or else if you need to buy a good phone go with Samsung.Because trusting Nokia for their statement,may make fool for long time if you wait.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimmyrippy

i'll wait for the c7 astound i think it is more better than nokia c7 because astound is produce by tmobile right? i hope astound is available in the philippines

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

grimmyrippy wrote:

i'll wait for the c7 astound i think it is more better than nokia c7 because astound is produce by tmobile right? i hope astound is available in the philippines

You'll be waiting a very long time as that model is exclusive to T-mobile in the US.  It is still made by Nokia in the same factories that produce standard C7's.  Basically the Astound is just a standard C7 with t-mobile branding and with newer software and NFC enabled, nothing more. It uses the exact same components and may be subject to the same issues as any other C7.

If you really are unsure about buying a C7 buy something else, posting here is not going to make any difference whatsoever. Nokia is not going to issue any official statements that will tell you when "good" screens are available in your country.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

either it is T-Mobile Astound or Nokia C7.the problem is same.since i was able to see the same purple tint problem where T-Mobile people where showcasing Nokia Astound at launch.This is the video 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW9ixOVLL14

In that you can see purple tint problem.Note the option,home screen navigation button at center and call .They look half purple and brown.If you cant see watch it deeply.So problem is everywhere with this product.Nokia has sold defective products to user.It is Manufacturing defect if it is a hardware issue.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimmyrippy

is anyone here using their c7 for at least 5 months and above? is your phone cannot open anymore or it is already broken?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I don't think anyone will be having any c7 wthout any problems. Mine has been replaced 3 times already and 3rd one has gone for replacement/repair (don't know what will happen) because it is having vertical lines across the screen and purple tint issue. And i purchased in january, so u can imagine that the phone has been in nokia care for more days than me!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimmyrippy

i made my decision i will go to c6-01 or i think samsung ace or galaxy sl

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shra1mail

C7 AMOLED ISSUES

[ Edited ]

hi friends..

Iam a new nokia c7-00 user. ..........iam using nokia c7 from one month and iam from india..... i didn't experienced any problems which you people are facing.....i wanted to ask u that....is every nokia c7 is having the  amoled display issue ??

please reply me who is aware of this problem as iam really got tensed after going through all of your problems with amoled.....and I RESPECT UR ANSWERS .....also 

BUT  please tell me how to get answer for this same question from nokia authorised person from this  discussion page i.e.., where to send ? whom to send ?? etc etc.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sarfaraz793

Hi friends,
I am from india and I am using nokia C7 from last 11 months and I had not get any problem out of it . it is working very smoothly and it is the best mobile I ever had in all aspects.
And guys problem u are talking about I never felt right from the period I buy the phone till now,no amoled issues nothing and it will be completing a whole year after a month with no problem.
I had buyed it when just it is launched with symbian 3 and I had updated it very smoothly to symbian anna and now I am eagerly waiting for the next I.e belle.
So guys according to me I dont know the problem u r talking about as I never felt it so somebody is thinking of moving on to nokia C7 than according to me it is the best mobile in the market now.
Please use plain text.