Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: C7: After Belle upgrade WiFi stopped working

Contributor
mleopold

C7: After Belle upgrade WiFi stopped working

Hi,
After upgrading my C7 to Nokia Belle yesterday I now find myself having problems connecting to via Wifi. I've tried several Wifi networks and I own 2 C7's that both show the same behavior. I upgraded using Nokia Suite to version 111.030.0609

The phone seems to find the Wifi network correctly and taping it makes it connect, but the connection seem to be broken somehow. Regardless of which app I try to start no data seems to flow through the connection. Nokia store says fail, opening a webpage in the browser shows "Browser unable to connect to website".

Even more peculiar the network goes back to "Unknown" after I disconnect and try to reconnect.

I've run the Connectivity analyzer from betalabs, but the results were not conclusive. In one case the gateway was set to 0.0.0.0 in an other it showed "DHCP not responding".

Br,
Martin Leopold

Counsellor
mojoh_be

I have the same problem. Even my mobile internet connection fails !!!

Sage
veeyoes88

I am also facing the same problem with C7-00.

Cannot connect internet/nokia store through Wifi, but with data package it works

Wifi not working at all

Counsellor
Flavio

Same problem here. Works fine with mobile network. Connects to password protected wi-fi but unable to connect to Nokia Market or to the internet.

Sage
torchaj

I had the same problem in my C6-01. After the update yesterday my wifi and even gprs and 3g stopped working, just telling me that the connection failed.

I did a factory reset and formatted my memory card too...
After that I dont have the problem till now...!!!!
Proud owner of Nokia's C6-01, N8, 701, Lumia 800 and Google Nexus Prime..!!!
Patience is a virtue, reaping fruits of Wisdom..!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Counsellor
mojoh_be

Factory reset does the job !

Backup all your data cause all data on the mass storage device in your phone will be lost.....only data on the memory card is safe.

Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

The pull down task bar has an option called "mobile data" set that to on. You can do this by just tapping the icon and make sure that the icon is blue. The blue color indicates that its in on state.
Regarding the Wifi it seems that you have to manually set up the connection. The update deletes the configured settings. Hope this helps.
Nokia C7
Sage
veeyoes88

Ajaydavidson

it is not the first time we use wifi.

it was working fine with Anna and after the update is has stopped.  there is no need to be "mobile data" on if you are connecting with wifi.  mobile data has nothing to do with wifi.

moreover, lotus traveller is not easy to find.  in the messages we need to go to the option and select folders then select lotus traveller

there more drawbacks with Belle.

i recommed people do not update belle if you are using your mobile as smart phone. 

i regret the updation to belle

Contributor
basnetsid

Same here connection access denied

both mobile connection and wifi connection is not working

Contributor
basnetsid

Does not work

factory settings also done but again both mobile data and wifi connection does not work

Contributor
mleopold

Factory reset (or "deep" reset *#7370#) didn't do anything on my phone - apart from deleting all my stuff.

- Martin

Counsellor
Flavio

Reinstalled Belle - restored factory settings incl. deleting all data - formatted SD card - no result at all. Mobile network ok. Wifi network at home ok. The problem is on the wifi network in the office, where I can connect to the network, but not to the internet... I don't understand why... I always connected easily with Symbian Anna... other devices (eg an ipad, a win7 pc etc) connect without any trouble... Both the home and the office network are secured with a WPA-PSK key, but no further blocks (ie mac filter etc) therefore I can't really understand what is the issue!!!

Counsellor
Flavio

I found a workaround on another thread ref.N8 - worked on my C7 as well.

Go to settings/connectivity/settings/wi-fi/settings/power-saving and set it to disabled.

Now I can connect to the Internet also from the wi-fi networks which previously only allowed "local" access.

Of course, this is not "ideal" and I would expect Nokia to work on a patch, but in general I am very happy with Belle, and since it is very easy to switch on and off mobile and wi-fi when I need it, this is just a small annoyance.

Hope this helps

Registered Member
tomasz111

1. launch web app

2. push the 3 stripes / then choose options / general

3. change the access point to internet

it worked for me

Counsellor
Flavio

One final update. I also got a feedback from Nokia. See below.... I didn't try it yet, and I am not sure I will (I'm quite ok with the workaround I posted earlier ref. power saving), but... this could indeed be THE solution...

Hi Flavio

Since our last interaction we have gathered a bit more information on the subject.

The error appears because of a corrupted file in backup, in section "Phone and application settings" (english key icon in back up process section, where you can choose which data to save. Do not include this part in backup).
To solve this,

- you do need to make a hard reset (*#7370# ),

- then re-install Nokia Belle with the Nokia Suite and restore back up, except that part (meaning a backup without Phone and applications settings included).

It should solve the issue.
If the error remains, it's necessary to make a Deep Reset ( phone switched off, press low volume, camera and menu keys, then switch on phone maintaing hold on those keys until phone starts) before reinstall Belle and restore back up as i say before.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Nokia Care

Counsellor
mojoh_be

I had indeed the same issues. I did a hard reset (factory settings and data removal) and reinstalled Belle with nokia suite.

I didn't restore my data from a backup file but copied all data manually to the phone.

After that everything went fine with connections etc...

However, from the moment I installed SPB Wireless Monitor things went wrong again : no acces to wifi menu and the phone continuously hanging.

Removed the app and now my C7 words like a charm !

The procedure discribed bij Flavio might be the solution !

Regards,

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I updated to belle a few days back and I'm facing no such problems with wifi... And my power saving mode for wifi has been enabled. I even updated my Nokia store via wifi only. Of course, I still haven't restored any of my back up files. And I was planning to omit the settings anyway while restoring.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Contributor
marcoedmon

I have the same problem here, i have made everthing that i can do to fix the problem or to downgrade to symbian anna, please if anyone has a solution please share, 

Please nokia support provide a solution i think this is a major problem, you just can't release an update with such a bug you should have run some tests before releasing,

really annoyed from such a problem,  :smileysad: 

Contributor
marcoedmon

dear all,

I have found someone called Pablo, came up with a solution that worked for me, and i believe it will help, please visit the following link and follow the steps:

/t5/Software-Updates/Possible-solution-for-quot-Connection-failed-Access-denied-quot/td-p/1306543

Thank you,

Marco Edmon

Registered Member
Lordnezz

My Nokia C7 dosent work when wirless