Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

C7 device software update issues with "OVI SUITE" ...

Advisor
Accepted Solution

C7 device software update issues with "OVI SUITE" version 3.1.1.90

hi ,

after connecting my C7 with nokia ovi suite through USB cable , i was notified that a new device software is available to download and a new service package for the existing symbian anna software on my phone is also available. i went to the update section in OVI suite to execute the update but after a while OVI suite was unable to do it saying : " something's gone wrong " 

i uninstalled OVI suite and reinstalled it , connect and disconnect , many many times but in vain .

please i need your help . donno what to do !!! :smileysad:

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Re: C7 device software update issues with "OVI SUITE" version 3.1.1.90

What antivirus you're using? If you're using bit defender or kaspersky then you'll have to whitelist Ovi suite to connect without problems. If the above is not the case, try reinstalling the cable connectivity drivers. Or you can check whether your firewall is blocking the application. If not try the newer beta version of Ovi suite or try updating from another pc.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Advisor

thank for your help :smileyhappy:

i updated ovi suite to the latest beta version 3.2.66 nokia suite and it's ok now ...

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

good to hear that your problem is solved. Cheers! :-)
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"