Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 messaging not working fine.

javeriahabib09

C7 messaging not working fine.

My C7 has issues with messages. Whenever I send a message it says for example "resend at 7:43" and at 7:43 it will say "resend at 7:46" and so on...

I resolved this issue by software formatting but this issue is here again.

Any body please help me. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Hey javeriahabib09,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the issue. If you have formatted the phone already:

Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone management > Factory settings > Delete data and restore

Then reinstall, or update if you don't have Belle yet, the phone software. The process is the same as when updating with Nokia Suite, but at the end select "Reinstall".

Making a back up with Nokia Suite is highly recommended before these actions.

Check also the SMS settings:

Menu > Messaging > Options > Settings > Text message

Contact your operator and check with them that the settings are right. Could also be faulty SIM-card.

Hope you get sending SMS working again! Please get back to me if you are still facing the issue.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

That happens when there's a problem with your messaging settings or network problem. Check with your operator and check whether your message centre number is correctly keyed in or not.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pohhen

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have also noticed that now with Belle some SMS sent fail. And there are more of those resents. Even that the signal strength seems OK.

Eventually the SMS will be sent.

Could it be that some sent related timer has been changed so that SMS sent timeouts more easily?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

As already mentioned, sms being sent from a phone would need proper message centre number to be keyed in. If you're still having problems, check with You operator regarding services or signal problem or ask for a new message centre number and try again.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pohhen

@blitzkid
I'm sure there is nothing wrong in my settings.
But also not saying that this would not be network issue.
What I'm saying is that even the phone indicades good signal the SMS sent sometimes fail. And it goes to this re-sent mode to sent it later. This is just something that I have noticed with Belle. But with re-sent or two the SMS has always been transmitted.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pohhen

Seems that this issue that I had is related to the amount of the messages.
Inbox ~600 messages
Outbox ~800 messages
Once I removed some of these the issue went away. (and if I restored messages the issue came back)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Good that you've shared your experience here. It may help solve others problems as well. Thank you.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.