Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 phone restarts often

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

C7 phone restarts often

[ Edited ]

Hi there

My C7 keeps restarting/rebooting, it usually occurs when the phone is idle

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Have a look at this article /t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/My-C7-restarts-very-often-What-should-I-do/td-p/1014817

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks, I've tried most of these except for the sim card and the 'take it to nokia care centre' solutions. I'll try the sim solution tonight though
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi

I tried the sim card solution, and it still restarted at a random time over night.

The restarting is quite strange, seems to only do it when the phone is idle, and it seems to have no discernable cause.  Some morning when I wake I find it has restarted over night (identifiable by the fact all the widgets need reloading when I navigate throught the homepages) and some nights it does not.  sometimes it goes days without restarting and sometimes it will restart twice in two hours?

This only started after the Anna update, so I cannot see the problem being hardware?  I will wait for a firmware update and if that does not work I will format and reload, if that fails ill head to the nearest Nokia care centre :smileysad:

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Did you reformat your C7 after installing Anna? It's strange. I'm still facing no problems after the Anna update (except from ovi store for sure) while most of C7 users are still having problems. Who knows.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

I assume most of the people have faulty C7's . Mine (after getting main board replacement) had no problems at all with both pr1.2 and 2.0 . It works nice and smooth , no crashes no restarts . At last I'm happy with my mobile .

When I was getting crashes I realized that it was related to the place the phone was . For example in my home it never restarted . it restarted too often in crowded places where there were many other mobiles around . Its like an antenna error or something in phone reception

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Actually Vangelis your last post has given me an idea :smileyhappy:

The crashing does appear to be location based, and I hear the Anna firmware altered the way the homescreen widgets update.  My phone only crashes at home (near my wlan) and only when idle (if connecting to internet it can only be widgets)

Currently I have my connection settings as follows:

Switch to Wlan:  Known Wlans only

Data in home country: Auto (I have my internet as default destination, and inside that destination I have wlan as priority 1 and 3g as priority 2)

Im gonna fiddle about with the way my connection is set up (as I suspect the crashing is related to connection clashes because it only ever crashes at home) and I'll report back on the crashing

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

Yes you should try that .Or you can try removing all widgets for a while to see whats happening . Now with Anna I get no restarts at all . Why you are not moving to Anna ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Sorry I should have made myself clear,

This restart problem only happened once I upgarded to Anna, so far I have had no crashes since changing my connectivity settings. If it happens to crash again I will put all widgets to offline mode and rule connectivity out once and for all.

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi all

Ok so I messed with my connection settings and my phone no longer crashes when idle.  I suspect it is something to do with the changes to the widgets that Anna made (not too sure) either way my phone no longer crashes.

Thanks for all the input peeps :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Technofungk

xxhuntyxx wrote:

Hi all

Ok so I messed with my connection settings and my phone no longer crashes when idle.  I suspect it is something to do with the changes to the widgets that Anna made (not too sure) either way my phone no longer crashes.

Thanks for all the input peeps :smileyhappy:

So hunty, what exactly did you do to the connection settings on your C7 to stop the crashing / reboot issue?  I've been experiencing the same problem with my C7 Astound for about a month, and it's driving me CRAZY!  If you can reveal what adjustments you made to the connection settings, I will be eternally grateful!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sencer

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my C7 and this problem started after I upgraded it to Anna. Before it was ok. So I think there is either a bug in the sotfware or something went wrong during the upgrade process.

Anyway I've switched the network mode from dual to GSM and the problem is gone. Now phone is working like a clock. Of course this is just a temporary solution, I will take the phone to service asap to get it fixed.

Please use plain text.
bruce633

I had my connectivty settings set similar to the solution in this post and I'm on Anna but it will spontaneously restarts. There is a suggestion about GPS settings that I saw in this post that I've just implemented:

/t5/Cseries/C7-keeps-restarting/td-p/785097/page/6

Today my phone rebooted at least 5 times before I made the change: let's see if it lasts.

Please use plain text.