Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

CANT RECEIVE NORMALLY MMS ON MY NOKIA N8

Advisor
Evoss

CANT RECEIVE NORMALLY MMS ON MY NOKIA N8

[ Edited ]

HI

CAN SOMEBODY TELLS ME HOW TO RECEIVE MMS ON NOKIA N8??

WHY I CAN SEND? 

I AM ON O2 PAY AS YOU GO 

SOMEBODY HELP

THNX

MODERATOR'S NOTE: The title has been edited. Please be reminded to use appropriate words when posting.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Re: CANT RECEIVE NORMALLY MMS ON MY NOKIA N8

[ Edited ]

You shouldn't have buy it if you think it's cheap and poor. If you can't receive mms you should ask your operator for proper settings.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Evoss

[ Edited ]

its disappointing how complicated is these settings ,acespoints and destinations and dont know what else 

on iphon i will set just one setting in time everything in one place and all works ...

why when i installed o2 settings its not working? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

[ Edited ]

It's an 02 probelem not an N8 one tho

Normally an operator will send you the correct settings via service message when you first insert your sim and switch it on

all you have to do is open the message and save the settings

O2 however are notoriously bad for there support of any handset other than the iPhone

As you have not received the correct settings you need to talk to there support about how to manualy configure the settings, try there forums for help

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Evoss

[ Edited ]

@synth_fg

Hi  thnx for nice reply .. yeah i called them and guy was telling me procedure but  we dead ended  cos he was saying  some setting option  which i do not have in N8

Here is  manual what he sent me via email  after call  ...  and still NOT WORKING !! it says on 11th step : On the Network destinations screen, tap Multimedia msg

i dont have option to tap multimedia msg I have Only Internet and WAP to choose .,,

Thank you for your recent handset enquiry regarding handset settings. Please find your settings details below.

MMS

You'll need to complete all steps for these settings to work. Make sure that if you have to enter O2 in the settings, use the letter O and not a zero.

1. Press the Menu key
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Connectivity
  4. Tap Settings
  5. Tap Destinations
  6. Tap Access point
  7. Tap No to the question, Automatically check for available access points?
  8. Tap Packet data
  9. Tap the text box to enter O2 MMS when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK
  10. Tap Multimedia msg.
  11. On the Network destinations screen, tap Multimedia msg.
  12. Tap O2 MMS twice
  13. Skip past Connection name and Data bearer as you've already filled these in
  14. Tap Access point name and tap the text box to enter, payandgo.o2.co.uk, when entered tap the greentick, then tap OK
  15. Tap Username and tap the text box to enter payandgo, when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK
  16. Skip past Prompt password as this is preset at No
  17. Tap Password and tap the text box to enter password, when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK
  18. Tap Authentication until it shows Normal
  19. Tap Homepage and tap the text box to enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002, when entered tap thegreen tick, then tap OK
  20. Tap Use access point until it shows After confirmation
  21. Tap Options and then tap Advanced settings
  22. Skip past Network type as this is preset to IPv4
  23. Skip past Phone IP address and DNS address as these are preset to Automatic
  24. Tap Proxy server address and tap the text box to enter 193.113.200.195, when entered tap the greentick, then tap OK
  25. Tap Back twice
  26. Tap Options
  27. Tap Organise and then tap Change priority
  28. Tap the position you require (this would usally be number 1) and then tap OK
  29. Tap Back five times, to return to the standby screen

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Evoss

[ Edited ]

So I have been in O2 store and ask guy why i cannot receive MMSs and he even didnt know how to do it  

he thought when he will set  auto settings it will work 

and he was messing and struggling with it  20 mins  and he didnt make it ..  

what heck he is doing in O2 store??

And at the end another employee said to me  this:  

No no you wont be albe to receive MMS you need to go on  internet and enter code like this UNBELIVEABLE!!  THIS SUCH A NORMAL STANDARD THING ''MMS''  WE ARE  IN 2011  YEAR   AND I AM NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO RECEIVE MMS IN NOKIA N8  ??????  THIS IS JUS  FU***NG  UNBELIVEABLE !!!  REALLY !!  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lnx64

Really, mine has an MMS option in there just fine..

O2 just need to learn how to operate phones that is all.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Evoss

[ Edited ]

can u receive mms that you just tap and you see picture straight away? 

can u  show me pic of settings?  ar u on  pay u go  or contract?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

[ Edited ]

just a thought but have you tried sending an MMS from the phone

some operators struggle until you do this

else

1. Press the Menu key
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Connectivity
  4. Tap Settings
  5. Tap Destinations

TAP OPTIONS

TAP NEW DESTINATION

DESTINATION NAME  ste to Multimedia msg.

Chose an icon

1. Tap Access point
  2. Tap No to the question, Automatically check for available access points?
  3. Tap Packet data
  4. Tap the text box to enter O2 MMS when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK
  5. Tap Multimedia msg.
  6. On the Network destinations screen, tap Multimedia msg.
  7. Tap O2 MMS twice
  8. Skip past Connection name and Data bearer as you've already filled these in
  9. Tap Access point name and tap the text box to enter, payandgo.o2.co.uk, when entered tap the greentick, then tap OK
  10. Tap Username and tap the text box to enter payandgo, when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK
  11. Skip past Prompt password as this is preset at No
  12. Tap Password and tap the text box to enter password, when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK
  13. Tap Authentication until it shows Normal
  14. Tap Homepage and tap the text box to enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002, when entered tap thegreen tick, then tap OK
  15. Tap Use access point until it shows After confirmation
  16. Tap Options and then tap Advanced settings
  17. Skip past Network type as this is preset to IPv4
  18. Skip past Phone IP address and DNS address as these are preset to Automatic
  19. Tap Proxy server address and tap the text box to enter 193.113.200.195, when entered tap the greentick, then tap OK
  20. Tap Back twice
  21. Tap Options
  22. Tap Organise and then tap Change priority
  23. Tap the position you require (this would usally be number 1) and then tap OK
  24. Tap Back five times, to return to the standby screen

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Evoss

[ Edited ]

hi thanks so much for  news for me !!  

when i was  on the phone with o2 operator he didn't mention that i HAVE TO create NEW DESTINATION !!

He said straight: go to multimedia msg I said I dont have it there I have just WAP and Internet..

Anyway  I have done I created Multimedia msg. accespoint 

but..

it says O2 MMS is in use so i cannot use it an even edit it cos i cannot see it in destination..

i cannot see O2 MMS pay&go  in destination

i created O2 MMS1 and it says  connection is failed :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I once had this issue with Vodafone, and after several phone calls, manually setting up the phone, resetting the phone with *#7370# and over a week of frustration, I made a final very firm (boardering on aggressive) call to VF and insisted on speaking to a supervisor ! It turned out MMS had been removed from my account, no one had checked and most people at the call centre simply read a script. if you get O2 to check that your contract includes MMS and are persistent then O2 should be able to resolve the situation, it is an airtime provider issue, and I have advised people before about it and persistence with the service provider is the solution, it is NOT a Nokia issue.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Evoss

[ Edited ]

If I enter that code everything will be wiped?

am not on contract am on pay as you go

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

you could try the factory reset,

Menu

settings

phone

phone management

factory settings

if you need it default security code 12345

This will zap all your destinations but retain all your apps and data

then

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,T=Mobile_Support

enter your number to have the settings sent

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I wasn't suggesting tou reset the phone, I was saying I did it with mine, and also had settings sent several times, but all my efforts were wasted (along with a lot of time) as the resaon for MMS not working was because Vodafone had removed the service from my account, after going through several levels of staff at the call centre, a supervisor finally checked my account , and said I didn't have mms on it, it was re-instated and worked fine ever since. The point I was trying to make is thet there is nothing you can do with your phone, it needs resolving at the O2 end, call O2 and check your account includes MMS !!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Evoss

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I called O2 we went through process and O2 cant help me they said go to carphone warehouse???

is this real??  i have N8 from O2 and they said they cant help me???  OMG !!! 

where I am  ooh dear

speechless !!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.