Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

COMPATIBLE BLUETOOTH KEYBOARDS FOR E71?

COMPATIBLE BLUETOOTH KEYBOARDS FOR E71?

I am having a little difficulty with the small qwerty keyboard, i am assured i can get a bluetooth wireless keyboard for my convenience, anyone have a clue which ones are compatible for this phone? or are all of them ok?  would like a small one i could take about with me.....I have seen the foldable ones, but dont know which one to buy as I cannot seem to find any info about compatability.........?  Anyone know....?
Professor
sanjaymehta

Re: COMPATIBLE BLUETOOTH KEYBOARDS FOR E71?

I've successfully paired an Apple Bluetooth keyboard with the E71. Haven't really used it much apart from the fun factor of driving a small cellphone with a full size keyboard. I would guess that pretty much anything should work.

Sanjay Mehta
Motorola "Brickphone" circa 1996, Alcatel One Touch, Ericsson R380, Sony Ericsson T220, Sony Ericsson T630, Nokia E50, Nokia E61i, Nokia 9300i, Nokia E71,Nokia X6, Google Nexus S, iPhone 4S
Registered Member

I have succeeded in connecting and using my old Palm Bluetooth keyboard with the E71x - I had been frustrated that they did not appear to connect until I figured out that I needed first to install the proper keyboard driver (available from Nokia in the link below, using the one for Symbian 3rd edition). To install, you have to go to App manager under Config in Settings and remove the online certificate check). Then do a search with both discoverable, enter a passcode on the Nokia, type it in on the keyboard followed by enter and they're paired! Under the Keyboard app, select US for the keyboard type in options and it works, with command key pulling up the menus and the direction keys going through all selections, it is easy to navigate and use for email and QuickOffice documents.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-and-software/product-support/nokia-wireless-keyboard-su-8w/softw...#

Registered Member
DaveMac55

Thank for your helpful post.  Could you tell me the model number of the bluetooth Palm keyboard that you have working with your Nokia E71