Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Camera quality has dropped after belle update ...

Advisor
divyansh420

Re: Camera quality has dropped after belle update on my n8

[ Edited ]

Hey guys hve u any used leaked belle xeon 4.0 this is the proper soln. for ur n8 camera focus,clearity,zoom with 6x etc. Plz rply if u like on my email]

Moderators notes: Personal email removed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jubjules

For me all indoor photos are out of focus compared to the photos taken before belle update

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ReWood

Yep, noticed this problem at weekend when taking some close up pictures of some stuff I was selling on eBay.  Just assumed it was one of those things at the time, but having read this thread it makes sense now. Like many, I sacrificed the apps for a good quality camera, well done Nokia, what a bunch of spanners you are.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
UltiMatE_daX

I noticed it too.. I was comparing the photos taken BEFORE the update (anna) than Belle. The Autofocus, as you said guys, is **bleep** unlike the anna before. I cannot take shots on displays especially at far distant. I have to  downgrade my phone for a while. what do you think?

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

[ Edited ]

Count me in now.. I just noticed that all my recent pics after Belle are coming out blurry and out of focus. There is defintely something wrong here.

I have had my N8 for 2 years and never have had this problem until upgrading to Belle.

Every picture i take comes out of of focus and blurry!!!

Nokia must address this!!

Someone, please get Damian Dinning involved here to help us!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
serbantes

I just downloaded the pictures taken in February on belle, I really have to say I have 4 from 150 pictures are sharp and the rest are blurry. I think I can hold my hand steady, its really sad nokia is not recognizing it as a problem, that's why they are losing buyers. Its sad that you buy a phone for the camera and thats exactly was dosent work... Everything was fine on anna.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
euphoric

i am starting to dislike my phone without it's stellar camera.
Nokia is not responding. Dont know what to do. Such a shame that they are not even acknowlidging the problem.
SUCH A SHAME
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
angrygee

I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed it, I thought the camera had broken. I've been to three gigs this week and the pictures were terrible. Completely fed up of Nokia now, they seem to do one thing right and twenty wrong. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jubjules

COME ON, NOKIA REPLY

Now even landscape photos are blur.

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

guys, we need to ping Damian Dinning on twitter with the details

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jasonteh

Here another sample shot taken by Nokia N8 official belle

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenokiagallery/6931097337/in/photostream/lightbox/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheJakL

Just adding to the list.

Auto Focus does seem to be worse than before my upgrade to Belle.

I took a bunch of pictures yesterday of my Daughter in her chair, the common family shots of our kids I take, and rather than the usual hold down the button, green square and shoot I had to refocus 4-5 times before I could get the pic.  At the time I thought it was just me, but after coming here to read I figured I'd add so that Nokia know that this is a concern for their Users.

Quality wise, my eyes are too old to tell so far :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

Perhaps Nokia's imaging department have been a bit busy of late......

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/02/27/nokia-808-pureview-has-11-2-sensor-2-5x-the-size-of-n8-5-years-in-...

Wow!
Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

Seems like there are 2 problems now with the new camera app.

1. Nokia have changed the auto ISO calculations, and maby shots come out at very high ISO levels.

2. Nokia has changed the auto-focus calculations as well, and many shots come out out of focus even though you may get a green target reticule on the screen.

I really hope someone from Nokia addresses this, but given all the attention around the 808.. i have a feeling we are screwed now.. :smileysad:

I never imagined Nokia could screw up the existing quality of my N8 through software updates.

UNBELIEVABLE!!

Please use plain text.
Omar_Elimar

aftar 3 days of updating to belle, camera quality is degrade. I wonder how can nokia release update such that for the phone designed for high quality pictures.Nokia now busy with 808 and forget N8 :smileysad: .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
branko19792805

I have decide to buy this camera-phone month ago. Of course it came with Anna software.
After update to Belle degradation is visible. Pictures in low light are: too grainy, focus is not working well and often pictures comes out as there is a smoke in room.

I am sorry that i haven't read forums before update, this is the last time to do such thing.

NOKIA, as this is camera phone please:
-allow fallback to Anna or
-issue camera update for N8 running on Belle

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
euphoric

Nokia............please reply.:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Xandasmozas

+1. My Nokia N8 with Belle is no longer my camera. We need an update for this issue specially in macro mode, please.

Please use plain text.
xenon_2008

some people say that nokia care engineers change your nokia n8 camera, wnen you give them your phone for ''Belle updation''...
Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

@xenon_2008

This has got to be one of the most paranoid comments ever...... The conspiracy theorists are out in force today!

What about people who updated via Nokia Suite? Are you suggesting that an elite band of 'Nokia Ninja's' have been breaking into people's houses during the dead of night and have been swapping the optics?!

Clearly something in the Belle update has altered the auto focus and the low light settings. Hopefully this will be resolved in future updates. I don't subscrbe to the conspiracy theories that people like to trot out now and then.
Please use plain text.