Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Camping / charging with 5230

Sage
larkim

Camping / charging with 5230

Because I drive to work every day, and I got the free car kit with my 5230, the short battery life that I get isn't too much of a problem.

However, in the summer I will be away camping in Germany for about 5 days and I don't want to run out of battery.

I've seen wind up chargers (reported as all but useless unless all you need is a very short fix of power), AA battery powered chargers (mixed reviews) and even a rechargeable 12V battery with a USB output (not sure whether this would in fact charge the phone).

Does anyone have any good solutions for trying to keep a phone battery well charged when I'm not near a mains supply?

Matt

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@larkim

Have been using a PowerMonkey for several years and range has now expanded considerably to suit all tastes and pockets:https://powertraveller.com/

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
larkim

Thanks.  I baulked at the powermonkey products based on price, but in the end bought a Tecknet 7000mAh battery with two usb outputs, which is currently merrily charging my 5230.  

I would estimate that I should be able to get about 4 or 5 full charges from the Tecknet product (assuming its fully charged in the first place) which should see me through a few days in the wilds.

Bought from Amazon for a very reasonable £20 or so.

Thank for the suggestion!

Matt 

Please use plain text.