Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Can I connect laptop to internet through N8

Counsellor
Paul80

Can I connect laptop to internet through N8

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys

Just wondering

Can I connect my laptop to the Internet through my N8, Like I used to be able to do with my old Sony Ericsson 800i

If so how.

Thanks

Paul

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Can I connect laptop to internet through N8

A laptop is able to use the phones data connection. You just need to install the ovi suite software and follow the instructions.

More info and software here:
http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite

Counsellor
pixelgubben

Counsellor
Paul80

Hi Guys

I did manage to find the section in OVI to connect to the internet and I got a connected message but internet explorer etc fails to connect. so its not quite as easy as its supposed to be.

Paul

Counsellor
Paul80

Interestingly I just tried to connect to the internet through the N8 and OVI on my desctop PC running windows 7 and it connected fine, so why the problem on my Netbook running Windows XP.

Paul

Counsellor
mezcal16

You likely have to set the access point up manually in Ovi suite settings.

At least I do with T-mo USA.