Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can not connect C7 to nokia PC suite

Registered Member
hartaa0j

Can not connect C7 to nokia PC suite

[ Edited ]

Hi to all

I tried many times to connect my new phone c7 to nokia PC suite in order to restore the data from old phone X6 but couldn't

please your help is highly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Can not connect C7 to nokia PC suite

I'm not sure you have already get a solution already.  The latest version of Nokia PC Suites doesn't seem to work with my Nokia C7 as well.  However, I have downloaded and install older version, version 6_84_10_3, and it can recognize nokia C7.

You have to find the download for this version in the internet e.g. via google.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
autricheC7

I think that the modem-driver are missing on the Phone. I haved installed the PC Suite 7.1 (it dosnt support the C7 but it have the drivers) and than Ovi Suite 2.2. And now my C7 works with usb-data-modem in the Ovi Suite.

Regards Robert

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Omarew

Hi

I was having the same issue, my pc which runs windows XP wouldn't recognize my new Nokia C7, while my brother's pc which runs windows 7 did.

Are you using XP ??

I downloaded the driver for the CA-101 cable that comes with the mobile and it worked.

I found it on the french website

http://www.nokia.fr/support/logiciels/pilotes-pour-cables/pilotes-pour-cables-nokia-dku-2-dke-2-ca-4...

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nick_Russell

The new C7-00 with Symbian^3 will not work with PC Suite, you have to use Ovi.

Nokia C7-00
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RamaM

I have nokia c7-00 and I use Ovi suite on windows7 but I cannot connect to the internet.  Please help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marci_o

Why should C7 Series not work with PC Suite? ;-)

We are Enterprise Users and we have installed PC Suite within some thousand of our WXP Clients.

Actually the Nokia X6 is our last distributed mobile to our users, it has Symbian OS3 too. Maybe in the next future we switch to E7 (at the moment we use for Exchange Users E72)

I hope Nokia informs our business customers for changes in next feature relateted Sync Software.. ;-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LPShow

Yes, C7 does not work with PC Suite and viceversa. Only works with Nokia Ovi Suite (the worst replication program I ever seen)

It's a "gift" from Nokia to their customers.

I think C7 will be my last Nokia phone.

Please use plain text.
DoctorLeslieC

Use Version 7.1.30.9 of PC Suite. DO NOT download the updated version when you install.

This works on my C7-00 with Windows 7 and XP/SP3.

The Windows 7 machine also has OVI Suite, but you can't export SMS messages or remove applications with it :-(

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bgagan

There is a way to do it... Just invoke the PC Suite at start up , send a sms to self, the PC Suite will give you a notification on SMS arrival. open the SMS clicking it. there it is you can open all the communicators you would need for c7

hartaa0j wrote:

Hi to all

I tried many times to connect my new phone c7 to nokia PC suite in order to restore the data from old phone X6 but couldn't

please your help is highly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mark_70

Hi, welcome everyone. I just dicovered, that my new C7 work perfectly with PC Suite ver 7.1.40.6. The operating system is Win XP, while on my 2 other Win 7 computers with PC Suite, I had to install Ovi Suite. Amazing, isin't it? I'm so happy :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
TJTJTJ

Heip,

I tried to find 7.1.40.6 without luck..

Does anyone know where to get a version of PC Suite that works with C7 and Microsoft Outlook?

thanks for your help,

T

Please use plain text.
TJTJTJ

I found version 7.1.30.9 and that does connect with C7, but if I try to make a calendar synch with PC ( Microsoft Outlook) I get a message from PC Suite that C7 doesn't support PC synch....(

At least for no, Ovi Suite does NOT work at all.

Doe anyone have a suggestion how to do a calendar synch between C7 and Outlook??

Thanks,

T

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajitpatra

[ Edited ]

please sand the nokia pc suite for nokiac7 my e-mail id is.

Moderator Note: E-mail address removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

How do you mean it does not work? My Ovi Suite and Outlook 2010 are working together fine. What error do you get?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nick_Russell

We need some clarity here.

PC Suite should not be able to connect to a C7-00, or if it does it will not sync with Outlook. Ovi Suite will.

Nokia C7-00
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Style2011

Tapez sur mobil: Parametres->Connectivite->USB->Transf.multim. Active

Poste de travail->Nokia C7-00

Bonne chance! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
StevenD1962

Nick...

Not in all cases, apparently. I can connect my C7 to my Lenovo T400 laptop via USB and/or Bluetooth, but it does not get recognised by the OviSuite software, even though the laptop will allow me to exchange files (images, etc).

I have downloaded the driver mentioned earlier in this thread, but still no success.

When connected via USB cable, I am using the CA-101D cable that came standard with the phone.

I am running version 3.0.0.284 of OviSuite.

Any suggestions?  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Your version of Ovi Suite is outdated, upgrade to 3.1
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
StevenD1962

@Chanchan05...nope, my version is current, downloaded directly from Nokia yesterday.

I have tried previous versions of PC Suite too, and none of them work either...

Please use plain text.