Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't delete photos :(

Counsellor
Jemil
Accepted Solution

Can't delete photos :(

I got 4 photos well there not really photos there pictures with a cut halfway thought it.

When I try to delete them I get this error

general: system error

I hope someone can help

Thanks

-Jemil

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Can't delete photos :(

Providing the Device details will surely be of more help.. BTW reboot the phone and try to delete them.. Else, connect the phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer browse for these photos and Delete.. See if this solves the issue...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
phyrhone

you can also browsing through your file manager on your phone under applications>office>filemanger>massmemory>images>camera>folder

see if you can delete if from there..

when using USB> if you can't browse through OVI Suite then set your USB connection on your phone to mass storage and try if you can do it from there..

Will "Phyrhone" Laurent

" A simple task, doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Use your brain."
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jemil

[ Edited ]

@Faby Sorry my bad its a N8

I tried both ways and no luck :smileysad: and I can't do Windows Explorer case I can't find them.

Here is some more info... So today I got a new Card :smileyvery-happy: 32Gb my old one was a 16gb So I turned my phone off and put in the new card and turn it back on all working fine.Then I changed all  my settings so camera photos will go to the 32gb card etc.... So I took four random photos just to make sure its all working works fine Then I want to photos delete the four photos exit photos want back in there and there was four photos with a  line going thought them like they where cut in half I try to delete them and no luck I get a error

I tried OVI but the sync can not find the photos I tried to find it by hand by windows explore I checked all my photo folder and noting found :I

I really don't know what to do some I come here.

Thanks

-Jemil

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

If you remove the sd card do the pictures dissappear ? have you tried using mass memory E as default saving for photo's and will they delete from there ? Have you tried formatting the sd card ?

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jemil

Yes I have removed the sd care and no the broken photos are still there I have tried that and they save well And I have connect my N8 to my pc with mass memory and I get tons of folder I look thought all my image folder and I cant seem to find them.. Yep I formatted it the sd card I used the phone to format it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

[ Edited ]

It's broken thumbnails, not photos. Photos are probably already deleted but for some odd reason thumbnails didn't refresh properly..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jemil

Ah and do you know a way to fix this :smileyhappy:?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
angielynrhose

try restoring the factorys ettings of the phoneand  format mass memory.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jemil

I don't really want to format mass memory. As do I done this before and lost all my pre-installed stuff and I had to get a brand new one :smileysad:

Dose restoring the factory settings format the phone?

Ps here are some images of my phone memory
Mass Memory:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/101/massh.png/

Phone Memory:http://imageshack.us/m/823/2539/thephone.png
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jemil

I fixed it :smileyvery-happy: After doing hours and hours of googleing I found a fix

All I had to do was this:
If you know the location of the broken thumbnails, simply create dummy file with the same name and extension and replace the file to the location and then you can delete it from your phone or PC.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
scleme316

I have the same problem, but how did you figure out the path to the picture thumbnail?  I have like 25 so called thumbnails that won't delete off the phone or throuigh the PC and the nanmes are like 384739204948 with no extension plus I can't get any path info from them as they just say system error when I try?

Please use plain text.
ger55

i'm having the same problem,cant delete the thumbnails, when i take out the memory card the "ghost" thumbnails are in the phone memory images file even though i save photos to my memory card and not phone memory. I did a reset with*#7370# but it didn't help. Any ideas anyone
Please use plain text.