Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Can't use x2-01 as modem via usb cable.

Registered Member
potasiyam

Can't use x2-01 as modem via usb cable.

I just bought a x2-01. Today I tried to use it as edge modem to use internet in my pc. So connected the phone to my PC. I have the latest PC suit, It recognizes my X2-01 but it can't find any modem. Its really strange. AFAIK x2-01 has the modem conectivity feature.

Plz help if it has any solution. I am very upset. I was quiet sure that it has the modem feature before buying the handset. But this is really strange.

Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Re: Can't use x2-01 as modem via usb cable.

[ Edited ]

On your PC right click on "My Computer>Manage>Device Manager>Modems>do you find Nokia X2 modem listed here?

Also have you checked "One touch access" settings to see if it is listed there? If it is listed there select X2-01 modem from drop down list (Also check other settings Access point etc) and try to Connect.

Otherwise you can download Ovi Suite from  Here and try with Ovi Suite. Theres no problem in having both installed as FAQ page says this:

Do I need to uninstall Nokia PC Suite before installing Nokia Ovi Suite?

No, you do not need to uninstall Nokia PC Suite to be able to install Nokia Ovi Suite. However, it is recommended that you do not have them both running simultaneously on your computer.

Good Luck.

Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Registered Member
Shubham_Rawat

Same prob here. I thnk ovi suite will do. I will also try.
Registered Member
Shubham_Rawat

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_Ovi_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe

click on d above link 2 dwld d ovi pc suite.
Hope it will work.
Gud luck
AvinashTech

The one of BEST solution for the

X2-01 to use as a modem

to use it first you have to install the compitable nokia pc suite e.g 7.1 the connect

your mobile through bluetooth and connect to the internet  and the disconnect it from

the internet.

second install the nokia ovi suite e.g 3.1 and restart you computer than connect your moble through usb cale to the ovi suite amd than connete to the internet but it show only connecting...   after that exit the ovie suite .

and remember tha not to use ovi  suite or pc suite

at same time..

than connect your mobile to the pc suite and connect to the internet it will connect..

thanks

try this you will really find it help full

if not then send me what error is occur

I HAVE ALSO THE SAME PROBLE AND IT WILL BE SOLVES NOT I AM USING MY

X2-01 AS USB MODEM.

mujeebiqbal

hai my cell x2-01 is not connecting to my pc. am install pc-suite and ovi-suite. but connecting with usb cable the. the pc-suite showig no phone connected... in ovi sute not sowing any thing... but my bluetooth device is now helping to connect both pc-suite and ovi-suite..but it is slow connection. . . plz help me to connect usb-cable connection with pc.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Hi mujeebiqbal

Welcome to Nokia discussions board! 

In order to use your Nokia X2-01 as a modem, I advise you to follow the steps below: 

1) First of all uninstall Pc Suite and Ovi Suite by installing PC Suite cleaner on your PC. 

2) Then restart your computer

3) Download Nokia Suite and open the program

4) Connect your device by USB cable and in Nokia Suite go to Options > Connect to internet

Your computer will now be connected to your phone's 3G internet connection. 

Make sure you benefit from a data plan from your network provider. 

Let us know how you get on and please post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
ahmad200045

Hi i have bought Nokia x2-01 5 months ago and it was working fine but now my laptop is not recognizing it coz the phone does not installs its drivers. I have ovi and PC suite both and bluetooth modem gets connected but the browser shows unable to receive data.
Plz help me out of this problem
ahmad200045

Hi
i hve sucesfuly inst Nokia suite 7.1 for my nokia x2-01 and computer has recognize it but am getting another problem. When i connect to internet it gets connected but all the browser shows error "unauthorized request"
Advisor
Apee

Can you tell me steps to connnect myx2-01 to pc for internet
sagarjha8

can't use my nokiax2-01 phone via data cable

[ Edited ]

i'm using my nokia x2-01 as a modem from 1 years but from yesterday, when i connect my cell phone via data cable to pc, a message shows in my cell phone "no response from host".

all options like- pc suit, mass storage, & media transfer all are not working from yesterday, but use this features from 1 year. but i'm not be able to connect my phone..plz sime one help me

plz some one help me

sagarjha8

download ovi pc suit , for nokia x2-01 nokia pc suit is not working only ovi pc suit is working. i also use ovi pc suit to connect my nokia x2-01
Ganeshsal5100

Hi,
i am also facing the same problum from last 2 days plz help us...
Advisor
ntema

with me my x2 cannot be recognized by the computer when i connect using my usb i have tried several times but its not by the windows what should i do.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi ntema

If your device isn't recognized by PC when plugging via USB cable, try the following actions to recover:

1. Check that you are using the original Nokia USB cable and that the cable is properly connected to the phone and PC.
  2. Disconnect the mobile device and connect it again.
  3. Remove the battery, insert it back again and restart your mobile device.
  4. Restart your PC.
  5. Try connecting to another USB port on your PC. Connect the phone directly to your PC instead of connecting e.g. via a USB hub.
  6. In Symbian devices, try selecting another connection mode in your mobile device (e.g. Nokia Suite/PC Suite, Mass Storage, Media Transfer). Note that when connecting to Nokia Suite, you need to select Nokia Suite/PC Suite mode (check the connection mode in Settings > Connectivity > USB).
  7. In some Symbian devices, if having copied a large number of files (> 4000 files) in Media Transfer USB mode to the device, the PC connection may not succeed any more. If this happens, try deleting files with File Mgr. application to decrease the number of files below 4000.
  8. If running Nokia Suite in the PC, check that the latest Nokia Suite version is installed (check for updates in Nokia Suite Software Updates menu). Check also that your phone is compatible with Nokia Suite.
  9. If Nokia Suite is not able to find your Symbian or S40 phone, try reinstalling Nokia Suite software in your PC.
  10. If possible, check if your phone can be successfully connected to another PC. 

If the above actions don't help, reset the device back to factory settings.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView