Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Cannot able to download maps on Nokia 500

Sage
Prakash_pbt
Accepted Solution

Cannot able to download maps on Nokia 500

Hi friends
I've unlimited data plan on my.Nokia mobile but I cannot able to download map content it says
"no wifi net work found pls connect to wifi network "
prakash
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

You can download map data to your Nokia 500 only over Wi-Fi connection or via Nokia Suite, downloading over cellular connection is not supported. If you don't have Wi-Fi connection available, plug in your phone to PC running Nokia Suite and download the map data via Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dharna

ya i hav the same prob wid my nokia 500...it says connection unavailabl...n in my mob nt only maps r unconnectd bt i m nt even able to connect to ovi store..it nly connects through wi-fi..nt d packet data..n i dnt knw y!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dharna

ovi store also can't b opened in nokia 500 widout wi-fi connection??many apss r nt connected cz connection is unavailable..??doesnt nokia 500 use cellular connection for ovi store also????

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

There's no restriction in connecting to Nokia Store via the cellular connection, it's just the map data download that is restrictied to Wi-Fi only (because of the large amount of data in the maps).

If the Nokia Store connection over cellular connection is not working, it can be something in the internet access settings, e.g. a wrong access point selected in Connectivity > Settings > Network destinations > Internet.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Prakash_pbt

The same way why should not map
it's a foolish that maps getting download in wifi only
see generally wifi id for short term moment only not for always
I've unlimited data plan it's very disappointing one by the Nokia
but in previous mobile the maps can be download through cellular connection
what for **** reason Nokia made like this
prakash
Please use plain text.