Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot copy ALL contacts to SIM Card

Mazinsky

Cannot copy ALL contacts to SIM Card

Hi (Nokia E72)

I'm having a problem trying to copy all of my contacts from phone memory to SIM card.

I have phone memory selected, mark all (225 contacts), then copy to SIM, but I always geta an error message saying only a selected number of contacts have been copied.

The SIM (from giffgaff) claims to have space for 100 contacts (though my previous O2 SIM held 250 contacts), but it never even allows that many to copy across.

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Maria

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Cannot copy ALL contacts to SIM Card

[ Edited ]

Sorry not quite clear whether you have marked <99 of essential contacts and tried this. It is not uncommon to have to transfer in batches rather than all at once, some contacts may have >1 number anyway.

Presumably you have already tried "giffgaff" online forum as well?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Mazinsky wrote:

Hi (Nokia E72)

I'm having a problem trying to copy all of my contacts from phone memory to SIM card.

I have phone memory selected, mark all (225 contacts), then copy to SIM, but I always geta an error message saying only a selected number of contacts have been copied.

The SIM (from giffgaff) claims to have space for 100 contacts (though my previous O2 SIM held 250 contacts), but it never even allows that many to copy across.

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Maria

Offtrack..but why do you want to transfer the contacts to SIM ? You may sync them with OVI Suite and then put it back on another Nokia Phone.. If your aim is to do that ..

This way you will not lose any functionality of the Phone's Contact book (Storing a no. of details under a Single Person..) which will be lost while transferring to SIM as it can have only Name and a Single Contact no. under each entry..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

i think it is obvious that that sim only holds 100 contacts as you were told.

so if you have 225, it will not hold them all.

aside from that, if you have any other information associated with the contacts aside from the first/last name and phone number, it will not be stored onto the sim.

if you are going to transfer them to another nokia, best to use the nokia transfer contacts option in settings, or ovi to sync back and forth, or sync to an outlook or thunderbird, then sync to the new phone.

i fyou are going to transfer to another non-nokia device, then sync to outlook or thunderbird type of product and then sync to that other unit.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.